Denon AVR-X3800H not detecting all speakers

AParsh

AParsh

Junior Audioholic
Hey forum,
I just picked up a Denon AVR-X3800H and finished setting it up.
For some weird reason my rear and rear atmos height speakers are not being picked up by Auddesey.
Also i did test playing music (amazon music through nvidia shield) and confirmed no sound came out of those speakers.
I removed the speaker cables for the rears from the receiver and plugged them into an Audiolab 6000A and they worked perfectly fine, so its not a wiring issue.
Any guesses why this is happening? Would really like to get the whole system dialed in after spending

Front Towers: Focal 936 towers
Center: Focal 901
Rears: Focal 900 bookshelves
Front Atmos Height: Micca M8-C
Rear Atmos Height: Micca M8-C
Sub: HSU VTF-15H MK2

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey forum,
I just picked up a Denon AVR-X3800H and finished setting it up.
For some weird reason my rear and rear atmos height speakers are not being picked up by Auddesey.
Also i did test playing music (amazon music through nvidia shield) and confirmed no sound came out of those speakers.
I removed the speaker cables for the rears from the receiver and plugged them into an Audiolab 6000A and they worked perfectly fine, so its not a wiring issue.
Any guesses why this is happening? Would really like to get the whole system dialed in after spending

Front Towers: Focal 936 towers
Center: Focal 901
Rears: Focal 900 bookshelves
Front Atmos Height: Micca M8-C
Rear Atmos Height: Micca M8-C
Sub: HSU VTF-15H MK2
If it is a brand new unit, and you follow the onscreen instructions it should do its own detection. If the unit has been setup before then someone might have set those speakers to "none".

You can check the speaker configuration menu to see if any speakers have set to none, and the amp assign menu to make sure the speaker layout has been set up correctly.

My suggestion is, do a factory default and then do a new setup.

1668954150815.png

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
To avoid confusion, don’t refer to surround speakers as rear speakers when running a 5.1.X setup. When running 7.1.X, rear speakers would be the surround back speakers. You may have an incorrect configuration and or some speakers set to none as was mentioned based on the described behavior. Set it up for 5.1.4 and make sure the surround speakers, what you referred to as rears, are connected to the surround speaker terminals and not the surround back terminals.
830A7F06-666C-4B80-9883-63B0678B0F67.jpeg

M

Mike Up

Audioholic
Since you don't seem to be new at this having speakers that cost more than many people's cars, try setting it up manually without Audyssey. Your results may be more positive. I had all kinds of strange things happen in the multiple times I tried to setup using Audyssey XT. I finally gave up for better sound with it OFF.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis