Denon AVR-X3500H vs Marantz SR5013 anyone experienced them both?

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Hello. I know about the e-Arc and the XT32 advantage of this Denon. Anyone used them/listen them both to judge how they sound? I am about to move from 5013 ( i already own) to DenonX3500 and i am asking if it worths it.
I have 3.1 speakers, bookself type.
My speaker config is at subwoofer session

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
You are clearly unhappy with the sr5013. Just sell it and get the Denon because it has the features you feel your missing out on. Because the Marantz lacks what the Denon has you will probably perceive that the Denon will “sound better.” But in reality in a double blind test you will not be able to discern either of them. One could say that Audessy xt32 has more filters therefore should eq better but that’s about it.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
For a significant jump in features/gadgets, go for the X3600H, I bet by Christmas, if not sooner like Black Friday, it will drop to $899 +/-. I bet there is a good chance the SR7013 will drop to $999 to $1199 or lower too (like it did in Canada a month ago)soon. So unless you are within the return window, you probably should hold on to the very nice SR5013 and wait for the big price drops potentially coming in the months ahead.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
I live in Europe. Black friday is good here, but not as good as USA. Return window not allowed here. Or you will have a 20-30% minus in price and in some few stores. In the most, u cant return at all.
I have ways to sell it and buy with 40-70€ maybe add on.

No i am not unhappy at all, just curious and wondering if i want eArc for a future TV and XT32. I cant buy new one in the next years and throw this.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I live in Europe. Black friday is good here, but not as good as USA. Return window not allowed here. Or you will have a 20-30% minus in price and in some few stores. In the most, u cant return at all.
I have ways to sell it and buy with 40-70€ maybe add on.

No i am not unhappy at all, just curious and wondering if i want eArc for a future TV and XT32. I cant buy new one in the next years and throw this.
I thought the SR5013 has eARC, no? If you are happy now, I would definitely wait, for things to settle down. Right now, Denon/Marantz don't even offer 2019 model for the AVR-X4500H/SR7013, first time for a long time that they skip a model year for their higher end AVRs.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
I thought the SR5013 has eARC, no? If you are happy now, I would definitely wait, for things to settle down. Right now, Denon/Marantz don't even offer 2019 model for the AVR-X4500H/SR7013, first time for a long time that they skip a model year for their higher end AVRs.
No eArc, marantz 6013 has. My tv i think doesnt have so its just XT32 for now, marantz5013 has the old audyssey XT.
Whats your opinion about their software? And generally their performance.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis