Denon AVR volume issues

F

fitter

Audiophyte
I have had for some time a Denon AVR-X1300W which for the most part works satisfactory with one exception. When watching a tv broadcast show and using the surround with a comfortable listening volume setting of say 40 everything is fine until a commercial comes on. I have experienced a 20 db volume increase which almost blows you out of the room. I have contacted Denon and reviewed my setting but still the issue persists. This problem also comes up during a hockey game, the volume is fine from the broadcast studio until they breakaway for an on ice interview where the volume now drops off, increasing the the volume there then makes main broadcast volume much to loud when they switch back to the main broadcast studio. Its driving me crazy. Any ideas out there? Thx.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I have the same issue and have made numerous audio adjustments on my 2016 model Denon. It is the nature of the beast and is annoying, at times.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Are you sure its not the broadcast itself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

F

fitter

Audiophyte
Are you sure its not the broadcast itself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have new Sony 55" with ARC connections and I have reviewed all of the connections and they are fine. The issue never affects movies from Netflix or Crave tv using the AVR and when viewing content using the tv speakers the problem does not exist. I am sure that I am not to only one who has this issue.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd suspect the source rather than the avr, too. Something is triggering it....or it's just trying to be as annoying as possible and intelligently chooses commercials. I find app volumes can be goofy but don't use broadcast sources in many years either. They used to regulate commercial's volume levbel for broadcast tv or did that get rescinded as not friendly to business? 20dB is a bit much but in the old days 10dB wouldn't have surprised me.....

ps I own two Denons. I have never seen a post quite like this before here or in other audio groups, fwiw.

mylo2020

mylo2020

Enthusiast
I have almost the same issue... while playing netflix, amazon or disney I have to crank the volume up about to 70 but when switch to youtube I have to turn down de volume around 50

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I don't think your receiver has a volume issue so much as your source. This is a common complaint with cable. It happens with YouTube all the time too.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have never tried because I haven't had that problem, but why don't you try turning on dynamic volume and see if it helps things!
you will generally want to turn it off for listening for music because it decreases the dynamic range. But for stuff like hockey games and so forth it should not be a problem.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have almost the same issue... while playing netflix, amazon or disney I have to crank the volume up about to 70 but when switch to youtube I have to turn down de volume around 50
Yeah that sounds not unusual to me and not really almost the same he's talking about.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Ya, it would be nice if the networks on certain commercials, could auto turn down the volume. There aren't that many loud commercials, thank heavens. lol

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis