Denon AVR Receiver Close Out Deals (limited time)!!!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Denon is closing out last year models of Atmos AV receivers for 50% off retail price.
denon-1500h.jpg

Last edited:
A

alwaysflatulent

Audioholic Intern
Onkyo TX-NR686 is $250 at Best Buy. I see it as a direct competitor to the X1500H. Forgive me if its not. I am a noob in the speaker world and I just read that the Onkyo is THX certified too.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Onkyo TX-NR686 is $250 at Best Buy. I see it as a direct competitor to the X1500H. Forgive me if its not. I am a noob in the speaker world and I just read that the Onkyo is THX certified too.
THX certification is just something you buy. There are various levels, too, depending on performance level. Just doesn't mean a whole lot these days as few buy the certification now.

A

alwaysflatulent

Audioholic Intern
THX certification is just something you buy. There are various levels, too, depending on performance level. Just doesn't mean a whole lot these days as few buy the certification now.
I see. I was going by this.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I see. I was going by this.
Yes, it has THX Select (formerly Select 2). I have an older Onkyo avr that's Select 2 myself. Now, if the Onkyo has the feature set you want at a price you like, by all means get it. I just wouldn't put too much into the THX part....it's just a certification now owned by Razer (some sort of Singapore based gaming company).

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, it has THX Select (formerly Select 2). I have an older Onkyo avr that's Select 2 myself. Now, if the Onkyo has the feature set you want at a price you like, by all means get it. I just wouldn't put too much into the THX part....it's just a certification now owned by Razer (some sort of Singapore based gaming company).
Back in the day it carried some weight, didn't it? I know it's just pretty much a pricey sticker now.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Back in the day it carried some weight, didn't it? I know it's just pretty much a pricey sticker now.
Their work in film is legendary of course but the certification program these days....meh. Tell me the particular differences between Select, Ultra etc? I can't find that info, guess you have to be in the program to know :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Their work in film is legendary of course but the certification program these days....meh. Tell me the particular differences between Select, Ultra etc? I can't find that info, guess you have to be in the program to know :)
I remember reading about it in one of Shady's reviews. The Monolith THX Ultra. He goes into an explanation a few paragraphs down. I see what you mean about the tiers. Looks like "Ultra" would be the preferred designation. Took me a minute to remember where read it. I think their new speakers are THX Ultra certified too.

*Edit: The THX 365T and center are the speakers I was thinking of.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I remember reading about it in one of Shady's reviews. The Monolith THX Ultra. He goes into an explanation a few paragraphs down. I see what you mean about the tiers. Looks like "Ultra" would be the preferred designation. Took me a minute to remember where read it. I think their new speakers are THX Ultra certified too.

*Edit: The THX 365T and center are the speakers I was thinking of.
Yeah, you can pickup some of it here and there, and they even have mobile device certification now, too. Where is a concise and easy to look up listing of the required spec and tests that must be passed for each particular level designation?

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis