Denon AVR-5805 MkII Receiver Upgrade

G

Geoh

Junior Audioholic
ht_addict said:
Isn't the current upgrade for the 5805 and 4806 replacing the current HDMI board with the newer one? So why couldn't they upgrade both units to 1.3 if all it takes is replacing the board and then reprogramming the 3 TI Aureus processors. I'm pretty sure both units have the processing power??
Good question.
At the rate Denon is going with the upgrade for the 5805, which was due out back in April or May, maybe they're waiting for HDMI 1.5 or something:mad:

geoh

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
Geoh said:
...btw goodman your link didn't work............geoh
Go to the Audio Revolution web site and see if you can get to their July 6, 2006 newsletter from there.

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
Geoh said:
I borrowed this from another forum, hope the OP doesn't mind.

"Current HDMI 1.1 can handle 8 channels of 192/24 PCM digital audio. That's more than enough to deliver full resolution of any of the HD audio codecs."
"The only thing that HDMI 1.3 allows that HDMI 1.1 doesn't is transmitting of HD audio codecs in their native bitstream (i.e., not converted to hi-rez PCM in the player). But that's completely useless until decoders for those codecs are built into receivers and pre-pros. So there is no advantage (sonically or otherwise) to HDMI 1.3 compared to the current HDMI 1.1 version being used."geoh
My listening at home indicated to me that converting SACD from bitstream to PCM degraded the sound. Admittedly, this was not a double-blind test, but I thought I could hear the difference. In any event, I'm waiting it out.

G

Geoh

Junior Audioholic
Gene,
Have you had time to reevaluate the 5805 and it's Audyssey system?

geoh

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene,
Have you had time to reevaluate the 5805 and it's Audyssey system?

geoh
I am in the process now. I achieved pretty good results until I brought my home theater chairs in the room. Now I have to do a recal and new measurements. I am also testing their stand alone unit cascaded for the sub channel with the one built into the 5805. I will be generating a full report around CEDIA time.

G

Geoh

Junior Audioholic
gene said:
I am in the process now. I achieved pretty good results until I brought my home theater chairs in the room. Now I have to do a recal and new measurements. I am also testing their stand alone unit cascaded for the sub channel with the one built into the 5805. I will be generating a full report around CEDIA time.
Excellent, thanks!

geoh

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis