Denon AVR 5803 in two channel music

G

George

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Hi there,
I'm having difficulty configuring my Denon, in two channel mode (in Pure direct or direct mode), to still output the LFE's.
When I put it in those modes tthe output via the subwoofer output is off. I do have it in the &quot;Stereo&quot; mode.
Thanks,
George.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>George;

That is puzzling, especially since I had no problems getting sub out in 2CH direct/pure direct. &nbsp;First I would suggest to set the sub out to &quot;Main + LFE&quot; or its equivalent in the bass management option of the OSD. &nbsp;Then I would check the level contol of the sub in 2CH direct/pure direct, via pressing the &quot;Cursor&quot; key on the remote. &nbsp;Remember each mode of operation have independent level trim settings. &nbsp;It is possible you have the sub level turned all the way down.

Give me some feedback and when I get home tonight, I will mess around in the OSD and look for other possible reasons why you are having this problem...</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I think you have to go into the setup menu and select THX for the sub crossover..instead of a numerical value. I have the 4802 and I did not get any sub out with 2ch direct until I did this. Call Denon customer service (973)396-7477) and ask for Richard....this guy is really on the ball!</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis