T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure of the steps Denon support used to help with the problem, but did any of them include the solution linked below? If so, never mind.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
But it does have the option of using Wifi- I don't recommend using WiFi for anything that has an ethernet port, but if that stops working, there aren't a lot of choices.
I see where you are coming from, but I doubt it will work.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Well, why do I think it’s HEOS,,because many others have lost their network in an identical fashion when they upgraded HEOS on the AVR. Their are many threads on this issue which apparently is known to Denon support?

I have been using Apple 4K to stream from HDMI and this is fine. I get Atmos this way so it’s actually better! The HEOS app on AVR doesn’t allow Atmos!
Well then, you have your solution. The only thing I ever use my Ethernet connection on my AVP for, is firmware updates and nothing else. So loss of Internet connection is not really something you have to change your receiver for.

highfigh

highfigh

Well, why do I think it’s HEOS,,because many others have lost their network in an identical fashion when they upgraded HEOS on the AVR. Their are many threads on this issue which apparently is known to Denon support?

I have been using Apple 4K to stream from HDMI and this is fine. I get Atmos this way so it’s actually better! The HEOS app on AVR doesn’t allow Atmos!
HEOS was originally intended for distributed audio. The fact that it was built into AVRs means Atmos could be used, but Atmos wasn't available when HEOS came to be. Also, HEOS uses the network, it;s not part of it and since it's an app, anything is possible but I can think of one way that an update could cause this- it was attempted using WiFi, which is NOT recommended by any manufacturer I know of.

This is the problem with WiFi and the way it's sold- people think it works great, but it's very easy to lose enough signal and throughput that updates and streaming are faulty, causing people to go online to spout their opinion that the pieces in question are crap.

highfigh

highfigh

Here's something I found in the AVR-4500H manual, which it seems NOBODY reads-

"Sound cuts out when using Wi-Fi connection.
The frequency band used by the wireless LAN is also used by microwave ovens, cordless telephones, wireless game controllers and other wireless
LAN devices. Using such devices at the same time as this unit may cause sound to cut out due to electronic interference. Sound cut out can be
improved using the following methods. (v p. 85)
- Install devices that cause interference away from this unit.
- Turn off the power supply to devices that cause interference.
- Change the settings of the router channel to which this unit is connected to. (See the instruction manual of the wireless router for details on how to
change the channel.)
- Switch to a wired LAN connection.
0 Particularly when you play back large music files, depending on your wireless LAN environment, the playback sound may be interrupted. In this case,
make the wired LAN connection. (v p. 252)"

Also, the manual shows that this model can be controlled via IP, as in, using a computer.

That means, it's easier to see and change the settings than using the display or OSD and if the AVR is supposed to be connected via WiFi and not and ethernet cable, you should be able to ping the AVR in command prompt after finding its IP address. If that doesn't work, hardwire it and acquire a new IP Address. If you can't get a new address, connect a laptop to the same ethernet cable and see if you can connect to the router and the internet. If you can't, fix that before doing anything else. If you can and the speed/throughput are good, reset the network/AVR and try again.

file:///C:/Users/USER/Downloads/AVRX4700H_NA_EN.pdf

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis