Denon AVR-3803 vs Yamaha RX-V2300

E

elkano

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I could use some help here. &nbsp;Can anybody make comments or give advice to help me decide between Denon AVR-3803 or Yamaha RX-V2300. &nbsp;Features are similar, 110 watts/channel. Same dealer selling both, Yamaha $200.00 less expensive, Yamaha has more DSP programs but only 6.1, Denon is 7.1 but no front source input and so on.

Thanks folks

ELKANO</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
<font color='#000000'>I happen to like Yamaha DSP and warmth, but there are a lot of Denon fans out there... I would try to listen to both if possible, on the same set of speakers in the same room...</font>

<font color='#000000'>Also, you can disregard the 7.1 as a comparison unless you have a room that supports it (larger with side walls, preferably).

Both receivers are good bets for the money.</font>

E

elkano

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Hawke; Thanks for your help, today I will listen to them with my own CD's and then decide accordingly.

ELKANO</font>

E

elkano

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Went ahead with the YAMAHA v2300. &nbsp;I guess sound quality and details were about the same with compare to the Denon using the same speakers in the same room, but the YAMAHA offers 6.1 plus 2.0 for a different zone (all driven at 110 watts) and some features including plenty of DSP. Paid $999.00

Thanks again;

Elkano &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis