Denon AVR-2803 or Yamaha RX-V1400

B

bobo

Audiophyte
I enjoy listening to music & watching DVD, please advice if I should choose Denon AVR-2803 or AVR-2805 or Yamaha RX-V1400. I have listened to both receivers, & it sounds that Denon-2803 has a deeper base than RX-V1400, but not sure about the which surrond sound effect is better. Are my impression correct? Pls advice, thanks.

B

b727guru

Audiophyte
I too saw the same thing when I "auditioned" both receivers at my local Tweeter store. I thought I was going to walk out with the Yamaha but I listened to the Denon and it was in my trunk by the time I was done.

It sounded much heavier in the bass, more thump!

Guru

R

Ricky

Enthusiast
in the music depatment Denon may edges out yamaha. But with unmatched dsp surround sound yamaha definitely kicks out denon. Since yamaha is a THX select reciever and has a lot more features than denon, I think you should go for the yamaha.

L

LeadTrac

Audioholic Intern
When checking our receivers you must remember some receivers and speakers match-up better than others. There are some speaker systems that match –up better with Yamaha some match-up better with the Denon. However, the only thing that matters is how it sounds to you. Personally, I like the Yamaha.

U

Unregistered

Ricky said:
Since yamaha is a THX select reciever and has a lot more features than denon, I think you should go for the yamaha.
Can you mention the main features found in the Yamaha, and not in the Denon? (Have to make that same decision myself)

R

Ricky

Enthusiast
If you go for the 2805 there is no much difference other than the THX select badge.It is also important that if a reciever is carrying the THX badge it has gone through some kind of testing and has been approved that it really is up to the job.This doesn't mean that non THX recievers are falling behind. it is just nice to have that badge on it. RXV 1400 has 9 channal speakers outputs,much power,27 dsp modes,a nice remote and it is a bit cheaper too. I wonder why a reciever like AVR-3805 doesn't have the THX approval?
Ok, if you compare 2803 to 1400 there are some missing features.You can check them out on denon and yamaha web sites

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis