Denon AVR-2113: My center channel broke, how to fix

T

thierschiii

Audiophyte
Hello,
I have an Denon AVR-2113 Reciever with a 5.1 Harman/Kardon Speaker setup. Unfortunely my center channel stopped working.
I did a lot of research on wether it is possible to reroute the center channel or something but that's not possible.
Because I don't want to waste a poop load of money on a professional repair, i wanted to ask you guys if there's any guide on how to fix this problem or if you have any other ideas on how to fix it.

Thank you in advance

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Have you checked if its the speaker or the reciever not sending a signal?
Also if you set the center to ‘none’ then the reciever should use a phantom center, it will send the center signal to both the left and right speakers and create a phantom center (which is what normal stereo imaging is)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

thierschiii

Audiophyte
Yes, I checked and the speaker is fine, also I set the center to none and I'm currently using the phantom center, but I would like to have a dedicated center again

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Hopefully someone knows something, but it may be unlikly there is an easy fix or a fix at all unfortunatly.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I would test all of the sound mode settings- if it's set wrong, you won't hear anything from the center channel speaker.

T

thierschiii

Audiophyte
Well the thing is this: I didn't change anything, I just turned it on the other day, and it has stopped working :/
I think maybe, it is possible to rewire the reciever internally so that the signal that should go to the center channel now gets ouput over the back surround left, because that channel is not in use...

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Very unlikly you can reroute like that in modern avrs.
Did you check the wireing and connections?

T

thierschiii

Audiophyte
No I didn't. I thought it'd be better to make some research before ripping that thing apart ^^

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Not inside the reciever, the speakercables and such outside the box

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis