Denon AVR-1910 setup

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
A couple basic questions, this is my first modern AVR so I’m confused on what I’m sure is some basics. 3 questions...

1) does it matter which HDMI input I use, they have different names but are they really generic or do they have different functions?

2) I finally got a signal fro my Xbox through the AVR to my TV. The only thing I can get is 5 channel direct and then a bunch of effects but I can’t change surround decoding. I think it is automatic, am I correct?

3) volume control, I have the option to set zero with +/- 12db. Is that just a personal preference on where you set it or is there a right or wrong way and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
It doesn't matter which HDMI
A couple basic questions, this is my first modern AVR so I’m confused on what I’m sure is some basics. 3 questions...

1) does it matter which HDMI input I use, they have different names but are they really generic or do they have different functions?

2) I finally got a signal fro my Xbox through the AVR to my TV. The only thing I can get is 5 channel direct and then a bunch of effects but I can’t change surround decoding. I think it is automatic, am I correct?

3) volume control, I have the option to set zero with +/- 12db. Is that just a personal preference on where you set it or is there a right or wrong way and why?

1. It doesn't matter, you can also rename them.
2. Not sure what you are asking. If you get the Xbox output to bitstream, the AVR will do the decoding.
3. You should set each channel to whatever level so that they all sound equally loud at your seat, or run auto set up and let the AVR does it for you. If you do it manually then you need a spl meter.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
It doesn't matter which HDMI

1. It doesn't matter, you can also rename them.
2. Not sure what you are asking. If you get the Xbox output to bitstream, the AVR will do the decoding.
3. You should set each channel to whatever level so that they all sound equally loud at your seat, or run auto set up and let the AVR does it for you. If you do it manually then you need a spl meter.
1) thanks, that’s what I thought.

2) didn’t know that, I’ll change Xbox settings

3) so then if I do Audyssey setup I should be good to go?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis