Denon AVC-X3700 won’t store settings

R

Ronan Lelly

Audiophyte
Hi folks.
First post.
I have a Denon AVC-X3700 with a Monitor Audio Silver 5.1.2 setup.
I find that the only time the receiver keeps my preferences is when it is turned on to CBl/SAT.
If I turn it on to Xbox it always disables Audyssey and gets rid of the adjustments I have made under Options>Channel Level Adjust.
If I then go from Xbox to CBL/SAT the settings remain forgotten. Only when I turn the receiver off, and then back on direct to CBL/SAT are they restored to the way I set them.
Ive tolerated for over a year now, hoping a firmware update might fix it, to no avail.
Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received.
Ronan

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi folks.
First post.
I have a Denon AVC-X3700 with a Monitor Audio Silver 5.1.2 setup.
I find that the only time the receiver keeps my preferences is when it is turned on to CBl/SAT.
If I turn it on to Xbox it always disables Audyssey and gets rid of the adjustments I have made under Options>Channel Level Adjust.
If I then go from Xbox to CBL/SAT the settings remain forgotten. Only when I turn the receiver off, and then back on direct to CBL/SAT are they restored to the way I set them.
Ive tolerated for over a year now, hoping a firmware update might fix it, to no avail.
Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received.
Ronan
Under the input menu, you have to set the preferences for each input. On Denon/Marantz these settings are not global, but on an input by input basis.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, many things are "remembered" by an avr/pre-pro on a per-input basis (some also on a last-used basis). Some are global, like Audyssey, but you may have disabled it for the xbox input....or perhaps something is wrong, need more details.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes, many things are "remembered" by an avr/pre-pro on a per-input basis (some also on a last-used basis). Some are global, like Audyssey, but you may have disabled it for the xbox input....or perhaps something is wrong, need more details.
On my pre/pros, if you set Audyssey it is global, But if you want to disable it, you have to do it input by input. After that Audyssey is no longer global. So either he switched in off on those inputs, or may be he is not the first owner.

R

Ronan Lelly

Audiophyte
Under the input menu, you have to set the preferences for each input. On Denon/Marantz these settings are not global, but on an input by input basis.
Thanks I’ll give it a try

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis