Denon announces flagship DVD-A1UD Universal Disc player (BD/SACD/DVD-A/CD)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Vertical Stretch?

"And in yet another world's first for a universal Blu-ray player, the DVD-A1UDCI includes a Vertical Stretch feature that enhances 16:9 HD displays when playing back titles with a 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Vertical Stretch eliminates the black bars at the top and bottom of the image without adding distortion, or artifacts, for HD displays, but it's most beneficial for those users of Cinema Scope screens and projectors with anamorphoric lenses, as the processing is done in the digital domain."

http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/10381/533731.html

I like that!

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
"And in yet another world's first for a universal Blu-ray player, the DVD-A1UDCI includes a Vertical Stretch feature that enhances 16:9 HD displays when playing back titles with a 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Vertical Stretch eliminates the black bars at the top and bottom of the image without adding distortion, or artifacts, for HD displays, but it's most beneficial for those users of Cinema Scope screens and projectors with anamorphoric lenses, as the processing is done in the digital domain."

http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/10381/533731.html

I like that!
That's a great feature if you decide to add an anamorphic lens down the road. Saves you from purchasing an external processor like a DVDO. I'm selling a Carada 2.40:1 screen if you're interested. ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You know I was thinking. This DVD-A1UDCI is made for the AVP-A1HDCI + POA-A1HDCI. It's for the rich people.

I wonder if Denon is going to make a "scaled" down version for the poor people who can't afford the AVP + POA?:D

I mean my AVR-5308CI doesn't even have the Balanced Connectors. It just doesn't feel right to buy a fully balanced component if you are not going to use the balance connectors.:D

It's like pieces of a puzzle.:eek::):D

dobyblue

dobyblue

Senior Audioholic
True dat, but it's only stereo balanced.
If you want multi-channel analog, you're using the gold plated RCA's.
The multi-channel analog performance circuitry uses 32/192 processing - maybe analog performance will best both Denon Link and HDMI?
:cool:

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Count me in! This is the player that I have been dreaming of.:) The only thing that I'm hoping for is that my AVP-A1HDCI already has the hardware for Dlink 4, and that only a firmware update will be needed to make it active.

I really don't feel like having to ship my AVP all the way back to Denon to have a hardware upgrade done.

Seth

P

PhilCohen

Audioholic
Plays everything I want... but that price is ridiculous. I'll pass :)
Agreed. And now Denon(who still can't get the player ready to sell) has increased the price to $4500. That a rip-off.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis