Denon Announces AVR-3806 and AVR-4306 Receivers!

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Magoo said:
Hmmm, not even THX Select on either the 3806 or 4306?
Who cares? Either receiver is quite capable of passing their specifications if Denon paid to do so. I'd rather keep the features they offer for the current price thanks.

Buck, I don't think they've got the digital to other zones on either of these receivers.

On one hand it's not that big of a deal to run seperate analog cables to use digital sources in the other zones.

On the other hand it's quite annoying having to run extra cables to do basically the same thing as your digital cables. :mad:

I still haven't heard if the 4306 will display the OSD over HDMI?

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
I'm wondering about the User Mode buttons...Does this do what I think it does?....

1. Save a user mode (which includes all settings of the receiver
2. Change some settings, save again on a different number
3. Each mode has different settings across the board?

M

modman

Audioholic
where oh where is Denon's info???

I went into a Denon dealer, and they had no clue about the 3806. I checked the Denon site...no mention. Where is the info about this model coming from?

I am very interested!

thanks....

M

modman

Audioholic
(re-post) Where is 3806 info?

My local Denon dealer has no clue about he 3806, and the Denon site has no info. Where are you guys getting your info?

Thanks

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I believe they get their info directly from Denon. It's pre-release info for the Audio presses. Remember, AH also went to a Denon conference not too long ago.

A

AFJumper03

Junior Audioholic
Release dates?

Wow this article just put a large kink in my decision making process, I was pretty much set on buying a Yam 4600 after the great review, and now I'm going to seriously have to consider these. HDMI is a huge selling point for me since my entire Video set up is HDMI capable.
Maybe I just missed it in the article but any idea on when these will be available to the general public?

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I think the article said in the fall (maybe October?). I've been mulling over buying a 3805, so I'm in the same boat. It might be worth waiting for the '06, especially as I'm pretty happy with my 3802 for now. If I upgrade, it may as well be to a 3806 or a 4306, although I'm thinking of a Rotel RSP-1068, too.

T

tdeluce

Audioholic
Does anyone know if this is the full blown Audyssey MultEq
found on the 4806 / 5805?

P

Phantomguy

Audioholic Intern
Guys
You all seem to be right on top of the HDMI switching function in the new av receivers. I was set to order a Yamaha RX-V4600 thsi week and now I'm not sure. Being In Australia the models are somewhat behind not to mention the prices being jacked. I saw the 4600 released USA as June 2005 with MRSP as $1899 with net prices from as low as $1300 plus shipping (+ $conns some of those East Coast sharpie dealers? get up to). Thought it was the lowest cost HDMI switching with 9 channel (7.1 + Presence) and 3 concurrent playing sources, albeit Zone 2 is Analog Video + Audio and Zone 3 is Analog audio. I thought you had to go to 4xxx type pricing in the Denon for HDMI/DVI? And the top of the range in Onkyo and others. Am I wrong in this? is the 3806 HDMI?

And newfmp3, hi there. Did you ever get the 4600 sent over to you to test out? Keen to know your opinion. Think I'll put my order on hold just a bit longer.

PG

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
That 4306 really seems like it should challenge that Yamaha 4600. I guess it was pretty silly of me to assume that Denon would let Yamaha hold a category all to itself. I'm impressed at how quickly technology is advancing in these receivers. It's going to be neat to see who provides on screen menus over HDMI in a mid level receiver first. Not doing so baffles me. What's the point of an all in one cable that can't pass all your signals, or even allow you to set up the receiver?

Thanks for the info guys, I bet you were bursting at the seams not being able to talk about that 4306.

Jase

Jase

Junior Audioholic
tdeluce said:
Does anyone know if this is the full blown Audyssey MultEq
found on the 4806 / 5805?
It says Audyssey MultEQxt in the details (XT being the full blown version). :)

20to20K

Full Audioholic
But in case it's too pricey for you...

Buckeyefan 1 said:
Whoa! Check out that snazzy remote. Kudos to Denon for keeping the price of the 3806 to $1299 (only up $100 MSRP over the 3805). That $100 easily covers the setup mic, the better remote, the HDMI ins/out, as well as the Audyssey MultEq. Hopefully they've fixed the zone2/zone3 digital processing issue.

Tweeter is clearing out their surplus of 3805s and are selling them at E-tailer prices...$849. Brand spankin' new in the box. I realize you can get this price on the net, but this is the lowest price I've seen from an authorize dealer that's actually a physical store with a 30 day exchange policy and a 1 year trade up policy.

One option is to buy the 3805 now at the discount price, save up the extra
$400 then upgrade to the 3806. At least you get to use the 3805 in the meantime.

N

newfmp3

Audioholic
Phantomguy said:
And newfmp3, hi there. Did you ever get the 4600 sent over to you to test out? Keen to know your opinion. Think I'll put my order on hold just a bit longer.

PG

Nope, still no 4600 here. The port strike in BC has everything screwed up and delayed. I'm hoping the yamaha works out for me because the Denon dealer here is a bit stubburn and pricey.

K

kdiddy

Audioholic Intern
HookedOnSound said:
I honestly think this feature should become standard in the next 3 years:

* PC Setup and Control capability *

Especially in units over the $1000 category.

How many times have ppl dropped a line in the forums about misconfigurations and asking about resetting units?

Just the ability to save the 'last known good' profile would be a godsent. With that, you could restore a good profile back to the unit at any given time. IMO it would be an awesome feature.

Receivers are becoming more and more complex and such features could definitely cut down alot of frustration and would not only be useful for custom installers. Other features like firmware upgrades, calibration apps, etc, would also be a possible.

Just a thought.

P.S. the remote looks cool :cool:

Great point. I have to agree with you. Just a couple of weeks ago we had a pretty bad storm roll through Nashville, and there were several power outages. Our lead installer got at least 10 calls in one day with people complaining that they didnt have sound from their receiver. All of the problems were related to the receivers losing their setings. it would be nice if all receivers had some type of editor (like some yamahas) that would allow you to back up your info, incase an accident does happen. That would be an invaluable tool for the customer that isnt a "techie", and an even nicer solution for us that spend hours configuring our systems to sound how we want them to.

K

kdiddy

Audioholic Intern
T2T said:
The Audisey (sp?) EQ is supposed to EQ your subwoofer, too. At the moment, Pioneer and Yamaha don't have the capabilities of EQ-ing the lower frequencies. H/K, with their AVR-435 and 635 receivers will EQ the sub, too.

You mentioned that the NAD didn't sound right in your environment. Not sure what you're running for speakers, but the issue might not be with the receiver. Or, maybe your room acoustics are horrible, which another receiver will not resolve. Possibly, you might want to look at room treatments before dropping more $$ on the 4600 from Yamaha.

Just out of curiosity, if you had a sub that had its own room Eq (like say, Velo's DD series), how would you get around that with the Aud. Room Eq. Would you let it do its thing, then go in and manually defeat all the adjustments it did in the sub region?

H

Headspun

Audiophyte
Matching DVD Player

Was about to invest in a 3805/3910 combination. Now I will hold off for the 3806 or possibly the 4306. Does anybody know if there will be new DVD Universal players to compliment these new units?

C

Calibum

Audiophyte
Updates

Just curious if anyone had any updates? Info? Pictures? I am anxious to get my hands on one of these. Is the general consesus that these two units will be out in Sept on time?

P

petermwilson

Audioholic
Hi,

Denon's marketing savvy in releasing these affordable receivers may be perfect timing.

I have an upgraded 5800 and am still waiting for discrete software that will allow me to use features already in this monster.

Maybe I don't get out as much as I should but using a receiver for video switching ain't big in my crowd so HDMI (at whatever stage of development) is still a marriage of player and dispay.

The Audessy program might be a nice touch in large challenging angled rooms, but rooms like that would usually want more than 120w perch, and if their not that large, the Denon's speaker distance controle and an spl meter is actually a fun and perhaps more statisfying way to set up audio.

With the 5805 out of many peoples both need, desire and discretionary finance allocation range, these new Denon receivers are just what the doctor ordered.

For those who give some hard thought to just what amount of power and what type of features they will actually be using, it wouldn't supprise me to see the value of existing 5803s to increase.

If you read the excellent reviews of both the 5805 and 5803 at this site, after you've stripped away a few bells and whistles you've basically stacked two 5803's to get a 5805.

As I said before Denon's timing and price/feature point is excellent in the 38 and 48 series. I think they'll sell a ton.

Peter M.

O

OliverB

Audioholic Intern
Hmmm, I just ordered a 3805 for 899 at magnolia, should come in this week. Should I not have bought this? it's my first ht equipment, and I'm not all that familiar with all the terms, what's that HDMI switching? Some of the other features don't really interest me, like ipod or IEEE, I don't have an ipod and have no use for one, and I'll probably get a denon DVD player someday anyways. Just not sure why I'd want to spend an extra $400 on this?
I posted the same question in an other thread I started about which axiom setup might be best for the 3805, but just came across this "dedicated" thread about the new ones, hope that's ok with the forum rules here... :rolleyes:

What would the $400 benefit be for me?

Thanks!

Oliver

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
HDMI is a new interface for components. Read up on it here. That should help you decide if its worth it or not.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis