Denon 540bt and speedwoofer

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
My question is sense my avr is not 4ohm compatible will the 4ohm speedwoofer damage my avr. Thanks in advance.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, the Speedwoofer does not use the amp in your avr. It is simply a line level output to the sub, for the sub's amp to worry about....

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
No, the Speedwoofer does not use the amp in your avr. It is simply a line level output to the sub, for the sub's amp to worry about....
Thanks thats what I thought, I think hanging out here is bad for me all this talk of subs , I'm going to buy one even If I think I don't need it:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks thats what I thought, I think hanging out here is bad for me all this talk of subs , I'm going to buy one even If I think I don't need it:D
With that avr I'd probably avoid low sensitivity 4 ohm speakers, tho. OTOH I wouldn't just buy a sub because others use them. Once I had my first good sub, tho, I never looked back.

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
With that avr I'd probably avoid low sensitivity 4 ohm speakers, tho. OTOH I wouldn't just buy a sub because others use them. Once I had my first good sub, tho, I never looked back.
Yea 4ohm with the denon 540bt would be a bad idea, I looked around an for the money RSL seems like a good sub, couldn't find another sub that went to 20hz at that price, Don't really know what the difference between 20hz an 32hz would be, I know the stuff I listen to doesn't even go down to 20hz. Was thinking of getting a klipsch sub just so it would match my other speakers haven't really made up my mind yet. I usually buy what I want, I dont really follow the crowd, mostly look at reviews to see if others liked what ever Im buying. An I make sure its not a pain to return if I dont like it. Sound is so objective. My father in law has subs in his van ,I think they sound like crap. But he thanks they sound great, so the only person that can say it sounds good or bad is the person that owns them. In the end thats all that matters.

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
Also I think it depends alot on what you listen to I like tight puncy bass, but I mostly listen to 80s rock some accustic some alternative , not really bass heavy an I think the sound recording has alot to do with the sound , listen to spotify an some songs sound amazing some do not, they sound good but you can tell their age if they are not remasterd.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Also I think it depends alot on what you listen to I like tight puncy bass, but I mostly listen to 80s rock some accustic some alternative , not really bass heavy an I think the sound recording has alot to do with the sound , listen to spotify an some songs sound amazing some do not, they sound good but you can tell their age if they are not remasterd.
I grew up on 80's rock and metal and listen to a lot of alternative. My first and foremost concern was tight, clean musical bass. Music is my first priority I started out almost insisting on smaller (12") and sealed.

20170626_134225-1305x734.jpg

Well, you're right. Hanging out here will get you in trouble. They're better than I'd hoped for. Run while you still can!!!

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
I grew up on 80's rock and metal and listen to a lot of alternative. My first and foremost concern was tight, clean musical bass. Music is my first priority I started out almost insisting on smaller (12") and sealed.

View attachment 30643

Well, you're right. Hanging out here will get you in trouble. They're better than I'd hoped for. Run while you still can!!!
Nice set of speakers , never could afford all that kids come before anything else. Two girls an a boy an I'm broke lol. But I did get a sub on sale made the music alot fuller an richer sounding is the only way I can describe it. I really am enjoying the new speakers . An the denon 540bt best stereo I've ever owned

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice set of speakers , never could afford all that kids come before anything else. Two girls an a boy an I'm broke lol. But I did get a sub on sale made the music alot fuller an richer sounding is the only way I can describe it. I really am enjoying the new speakers . An the denon 540bt best stereo I've ever owned
My space is huge and I didn't realize my little subs were woefully underpowered. The 540 is a good little receiver. I still have the 510 (older version of yours) and it's still kicking ass.

I missed that you already had a sub. When I read an earlier comment in this thread I thought we were still twisting your arm, lol. I'm glad you pulled the trigger and are enjoying the benefits! It has a way of cleaning up your whole system, top to bottom doesn't it? I'll bet you'll never want to go without again.

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
My space is huge and I didn't realize my little subs were woefully underpowered. The 540 is a good little receiver. I still have the 510 (older version of yours) and it's still kicking ass.

I missed that you already had a sub. When I read an earlier comment in this thread I thought we were still twisting your arm, lol. I'm glad you pulled the trigger and are enjoying the benefits! It has a way of cleaning up your whole system, top to bottom doesn't it? I'll bet you'll never want to go without again.
I have to say it made a real difference in my music, haven't really checked out a movie yet , it added a new dimension to the sound alot fuller. I didnt think it would make that much difference to tell the truth. If my united cutlery lord of the rings sword of the witch king sells , or I should say when it sells Im going to get another one or might get Klipsch rp250c center have not made up my mind. The sword Im selling for 400 the only other one for sale is 1299.00 so there's a good chance it will sell.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have to say it made a real difference in my music, haven't really checked out a movie yet , it added a new dimension to the sound alot fuller. I didnt think it would make that much difference to tell the truth. If my united cutlery lord of the rings sword of the witch king sells , or I should say when it sells Im going to get another one or might get Klipsch rp250c center have not made up my mind. The sword Im selling for 400 the only other one for sale is 1299.00 so there's a good chance it will sell.
That's awesome. I'm always telling folks to get or upgrade their subwoofers and usually get some pushback. I understand it, I was a little stubborn about it myself. Bass is just bass, right? Getting well built and designed subs was an eye opener for me. I'm glad to see it was for you too. The Speedwoofer is a great sub.

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
That's awesome. I'm always telling folks to get or upgrade their subwoofers and usually get some pushback. I understand it, I was a little stubborn about it myself. Bass is just bass, right? Getting well built and designed subs was an eye opener for me. I'm glad to see it was for you too. The Speedwoofer is a great sub.
Bass is not just bass lol, even in my truck I have a 12in sub made a world of difference , But I didn't pay for it traded a guitar for sub custom box and 500 watt alpine amp . Now my door speakers are just mids an highs the are getting 150 rms x4. Wheeling and dealing to get some of the nicer things in life. Stereo in my truck was kind of a wasre only drive it about 20 minutes total every week , but it does sound good.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Bass is not just bass lol, even in my truck I have a 12in sub made a world of difference , But I didn't pay for it traded a guitar for sub custom box and 500 watt alpine amp . Now my door speakers are just mids an highs the are getting 150 rms x4. Wheeling and dealing to get some of the nicer things in life. Stereo in my truck was kind of a wasre only drive it about 20 minutes total every week , but it does sound good.
I made some mistakes when I was upgrading and did a fair share of wheeling and dealing to pay for them myself. I totally get where you're coming from. If I hadn't sold off some equipment there's no way I could have afforded some of the stuff I have now. I have 1 child and he's out of the house now so that loosened things up a little too.

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
I made some mistakes when I was upgrading and did a fair share of wheeling and dealing to pay for them myself. I totally get where you're coming from. If I hadn't sold off some equipment there's no way I could have afforded some of the stuff I have now. I have 1 child and he's out of the house now so that loosened things up a little too.
My kids have a long way to go to be out lol 4 , 5 , an 13, damn my wifes deployment every time she came back from Iraq she got pregnant :oops::D

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
Oh forgot to tell you didnt get the speedwoofer bought a klispsch instead wanted to keep the speakers all the same, was on sell for 250, pretty good deal 200 off, didn't know if I was going to send it back and get the speedwoofer, but adjusted crossovers an set speakers the more I listen to it the more I like it. Set my speakers to large 80hz sub at 120hz. Was sounding good then I adjusted it more turned off tone , and they are great now. Without the sub had to turn tone bass to 6 treble 3. Now it sounds awesome, without tone turned on, dont know what the wifes going to think bought it while she's in the hospital:oops::D Have to be careful don't want to end up like that sniper guy:oops::D

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis