Denon 3805 Ext.In & Delay Time

MACCA350

MACCA350

Audioholic Chief
Ok I've got the Denon 3805 Receiver and 2200 DVD player. Both have Delay Time(speaker distance) adjustments. I know that when in digital input mode the 3805 will be doing all the adjustments(Delay Time, Speaker Level, Bass Management, etc).

If I set the 3805 to Ext. In, will it still adjust the Delay Time? or will that need to be set by the 2200? If the 3805 does then I'll have to set the 2200 Delay Time to 0.0 for all channels. I dont want to double set :confused: especially for DVD-Audio and SACD :eek:

I know the 3805 will still do Speaker Level adjustment but I'm not sure about Delay Time, as I couldnt find an answer to this in the manual.

Cheers :)

K

keenan

Junior Audioholic
The 3805 will not do time delay on the EXT Inputs. You'll need to set your distances with the 2200. Should also set speaker levels with the 2200 as well.

MACCA350

MACCA350

Audioholic Chief
Should also set speaker levels with the 2200 as well.
The 3805 already sets speaker level for Ext. In. If I use the 2200 to set this then I'll have to set the 3805 to 0.0 for all channels for Ext. In.

I'm just wondering if the delay time is a global setting like the speaker level(except speaker level can be additionally trimmed per input)

cheers :)

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
MACCA350 said:
The 3805 already sets speaker level for Ext. In. If I use the 2200 to set this then I'll have to set the 3805 to 0.0 for all channels for Ext. In.

I'm just wondering if the delay time is a global setting like the speaker level(except speaker level can be additionally trimmed per input)

Set the bass management up in both the same way.

K

keenan

Junior Audioholic
MACCA350 said:
Correct, set the 3805 to 0.0 and then set the levels with the 2200.

MACCA350 said:
I can't swear to it as it's been awhile since I've used a 2200, but the delay settings should be by channel. If it was global for all channels there wouldn't be any point.

MACCA350

MACCA350

Audioholic Chief
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACCA350

keenan
I can't swear to it as it's been awhile since I've used a 2200, but the delay settings should be by channel. If it was global for all channels there wouldn't be any point.
I was referring to the 3805. and by 'global setting' I mean that the values set at initial setup for speaker level are set for all input modes(dvd, tv, vcr, cd, Ext In, etc), but can can be trimmed per input(not that all speakers are the same level or delay time)

Now if (on the 3805) delay time is set at initial setup. Is it in operation in 'Ext In' mode, like 'speaker level' is?

Originally Posted by keenan
The 3805 will not do time delay on the EXT Inputs
Keenan, could you point me to where this is explained in the manual as I could not find conformation one way or the other

K

keenan

Junior Audioholic
MACCA350 said:
I was referring to the 3805. and by 'global setting' I mean that the values set at initial setup for speaker level are set for all input modes(dvd, tv, vcr, cd, Ext In, etc), but can can be trimmed per input(not that all speakers are the same level or delay time)

Now if (on the 3805) delay time is set at initial setup. Is it in operation in 'Ext In' mode, like 'speaker level' is?

Keenan, could you point me to where this is explained in the manual as I could not find conformation one way or the other

In the 2200 manual, it talks about it on pages 30-33. I can't find it in the
3805 manual, but this setup document for using a 5900 with a 3805 talks about it. Just disregard the part about Denon Link.

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/5900_3805 setup tips.pdf
5900_3805 setup tips.pdf (application/pdf Object)

Basically, select the Ext Input setting, set the receiver volume at 0.0 dBs, then use the test tones generated by the 2200 in the audio/speaker setup section.

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/dvd2200 DFU.pdf
dvd2200 DFU.pdf (application/pdf Object)

MACCA350

MACCA350

Audioholic Chief
keenan, thanks for your replies.

I had the delay time set with the 2200 and the speaker level set with the 3805.

Now I'll change the speaker level settings to have them set by the 2200 also, instead of the 3805.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis