Denon 3805 auto setup thinks all my speakers are LARGE

P

pbarach

Enthusiast
I have Kef Q-7's as my front speakers, and Q-1's as the surround speakers. When I run the auto setup (with subwoofer ON), the 3805 decides that my front and surround speakers are LARGE. Now, the front speakers aren't bass-shy, but clearly the Q-1's are clearly lacking in bass, whatever their virtues. I have the crossover frequency set to 80 Hz; if I set it higher, the bass becomes too directional and clearly comes from the subwoofer. To me, what would seem to make sense, after auto-setup, is to change all the speakers to SMALL, and the bass to LFE. With this setup, I would expect to hear everything below 80 Hz, from all channels, coming from the subwoofer; and no signal over 80 Hz coming from anything *except* the subwoofer. Have I got that right?

Z

Zarg

Junior Audioholic
See Other Thread on Denon 3805 Bass Management

pbarach said:
I have Kef Q-7's as my front speakers, and Q-1's as the surround speakers. When I run the auto setup (with subwoofer ON), the 3805 decides that my front and surround speakers are LARGE. Now, the front speakers aren't bass-shy, but clearly the Q-1's are clearly lacking in bass, whatever their virtues. I have the crossover frequency set to 80 Hz; if I set it higher, the bass becomes too directional and clearly comes from the subwoofer. To me, what would seem to make sense, after auto-setup, is to change all the speakers to SMALL, and the bass to LFE. With this setup, I would expect to hear everything below 80 Hz, from all channels, coming from the subwoofer; and no signal over 80 Hz coming from anything *except* the subwoofer. Have I got that right?
Howdy Pbarach! If you check out the other thread on this board, entitled "Denon 3805 Bass Management Problems" you will get a lot of useful info.

Basically, you have it right. If you set all of your speakers to SMALL and Subwoofer to LFE ONLY, and Crossover to 80 Hz, then your speakers will play freqencies above 80 HZ and your sub will play frequencies below 80 HZ.

Regards

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis