Denon 3313 looks great

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
yeah, it does look nice, it also does 4k upscaling and has 3 HDMI outputs, very interesting.

S

Steelheart1948

Enthusiast
yeah, it does look nice, it also does 4k upscaling and has 3 HDMI outputs, very interesting.
Are there any sources to take advantages of the 4K upscaling? Why no AM radio? I actually listen to AM radio in the morning for news and business updates. For me the 3313 would be stepdown from my 3312.

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Are there any sources to take advantages of the 4K upscaling? Why no AM radio?
I'm not sure what you mean by "are there any sources . . . ?" - likely most sources can be upscaled to 4K. I'm assuming you were asking if there are any 4K native sources, to which the answer is not at this time to the best of my knowledge. Or are you asking if there are any 4K displays to upscale to?

It has AM radio (see attached thumbnail).

Attachments

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
3 HDMI outputs is kind of cool.

But I wonder why Denon got rid of the AC outlets in the back?

The 5308 has 3 AC outlets on the back panel. The 3310 has 2 AC outlets. But starting with the 3311, 3312, and now 3313, the AC outlets are gone.

S

Steelheart1948

Enthusiast
I'm not sure what you mean by "are there any sources . . . ?" - likely most sources can be upscaled to 4K. I'm assuming you were asking if there are any 4K native sources, to which the answer is not at this time to the best of my knowledge. Or are you asking if there are any 4K displays to upscale to?

It has AM radio (see attached thumbnail).
Yes to both questions. Sorry about the AM radio mistake, but I read another review that stated the AM tuner was not included in the 3313. Still, I see no compelling reason to upgrade from from my 3312. I am anxiously waiting for the next 4XXX series.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have the 3312 in my living room. I think it's ugly. I thought Denon was going in the dumb direction with the cheap-looking design. I mean the 3312 looked like the AVR-1312 for crying out loud. Cheap a$$ looking.

I'm glad Denon wise up and went with the new design of the 3313, which I think looks extremely smooth and great. I bet the 4313 and up will look at least as awesome.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I bet the 4313 and up will look at least as awesome.
maybe, so what will Denon do, most likely add a little more power along with some more Internet stuff and maybe they add Audyssey's new LFC feature and make AirPlay integrated

But looks like we wait until next year.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I think the biggest news with this one is the true multizone HDMI functions. With the three outputs two are parallel and one is discrete. I'm sure there are some limitations but I hope this is a signal of what is to come from the new Marantz lineup as well.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Audyssey LFC is basically non-existent in consumer products, to date; according to their own website. It would be nice to see it finally making way.

I thought I'd post an easy link to the Denon 3313 page here

I would have at least expected the 3313 to have 9.2 pre-outs. Oh well....it's a waiting game for the 4xx3 series now.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
maybe, so what will Denon do, most likely add a little more power along with some more Internet stuff and maybe they add Audyssey's new LFC feature and make AirPlay integrated

But looks like we wait until next year.
Of course, I'm not planning on buying anything. :eek: :D

Z

Ziontrain

Audioholic Intern
"4k upscaling" in a receiver is a total hoax. What 4K display is NOT going to upscale a signal to 4K?

It's not like Denon has come anywhere near ever perfecting the rest of the receiver. Would have been more useful to invest the money in any of the many remaining weaknesses including the remote control and total lack of video streaming.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
"4k upscaling" in a receiver is a total hoax. What 4K display is NOT going to upscale a signal to 4K?

It's not like Denon has come anywhere near ever perfecting the rest of the receiver. Would have been more useful to invest the money in any of the many remaining weaknesses including the remote control and total lack of video streaming.
4K is definitely not here yet.

But when it is here, we don't want to upscale to 4K. We want to pass through the 4K unaltered.

So a receiver like this is capable of passing through the 4k video unaltered, while an incompatible AVR will only be able to pass through 1080P and the display will have to upscale to 4K.

Upscaling to 4K is not the same quality as a true original pass through 4K resolution.

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
What 4K display is NOT going to upscale a signal to 4K?
Right. But we're talking about the receiver. So the question is whether the receiver will do the processing of the source material or pass the signal for processing by the display. Obviously one or the other has to do it.

I think 4K is just another marketing gimmick at this point. People hear about 4K in casual conversation and then they see a receiver that is capable of 4K so they buy it. Because they don't know any better, they assume that the receiver is magically making their flat screen even better.

I guarantee you there are people out there right now bragging to their friends that their HD sources look twice as good since they got their new 4K receiver.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Heck, I know many people may not agree with me, but I think most features are gimmicks including:

1. Video: 3D & 4K. One day it will be 8K. :eek:

2. Audio: 7.1/ 9.2 surround sound. One day it will be 11.4. :eek: Even DTS-HD & D TrueHD is a gimmick, but I'm a total sucker for it. :D Room Corrections like Audyssey, ARC, & other EQ & DSP modes.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Gonna have to disagree about lossless audio being a gimmick, I can hear a difference between standard dolby digital/dts and truehd/dts hd master audio. The only gimmicky thing about audio is the absurd number of silly, useless DSP modes that are included.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Right. But we're talking about the receiver. So the question is whether the receiver will do the processing of the source material or pass the signal for processing by the display. Obviously one or the other has to do it.

I think 4K is just another marketing gimmick at this point. People hear about 4K in casual conversation and then they see a receiver that is capable of 4K so they buy it. Because they don't know any better, they assume that the receiver is magically making their flat screen even better.

I guarantee you there are people out there right now bragging to their friends that their HD sources look twice as good since they got their new 4K receiver.
Tone controls = gimmick (to an "audiophile"):D

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
I dislike that they removed the light around the power button. Looks too....like-everyone-else now.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I dislike that they removed the light around the power button. Looks too....like-everyone-else now.
I definitely preferred the looks of the 3310/3311.

But at least the 3313 looks a lot better than the 3312.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis