Denon 3310CI cutting out

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi All,

In light of this problem, would it make any difference if I were to retask the receiver to receive the audio of the DVR source through the Optical input?

I'm currently using the HDMI input and I'm not sure if this AC3 problem would be as suspect through optical VS. HDMI. My guess is the same decoder chips are used and it won't matter, if I drop...I drop regardless..

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Todd
My best guess is it will solve the problem. All DVR are rogue and not certified HDCP units. The satellite and cable companies are too cheap to pay for certifications. The result, endless problems and frustration.

I have Direct TV and two of their total junk DVRs. I have been very outspoken and even had the CEO call me. Boy did he get an earful. Like talking to a brick wall though. Like most corporate CEOs, a stupid ignorant bastard.

02ViperTodd

Junior Audioholic
Did you click on the link?

It's obvious to users AND Direct TV that there is a problem but it's the local channels fault..wether that's true or not, I don't know.

My question is..will it change anything else going from HDMI to Optical audio on MY receiver?...

Todd

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Did you click on the link?

It's obvious to users AND Direct TV that there is a problem but it's the local channels fault..wether that's true or not, I don't know.

My question is..will it change anything else going from HDMI to Optical audio on MY receiver?...

Todd
Since Direct TV does not use loss less codecs, but Dolby 5.1, the optical cable should transmit the audio as well as the HDMI cable. I would also use component video hook up, since this would appear to me to be most likely a non compliant HDCP issue.

N

ned

Full Audioholic
With those relatively large speakers (very nice speakers) that you have I would assume your room is not going to be small. Combined with a full complement of 4 and 6 ohm speakers with sensitivities in the range of 85 to 90 dB 2.83V @ 1 meter, the only receivers that can handle them reasonably well at -15 are the likes of Denon AVR-5805, 5308, Yamaha RX-Z11, may be even the NADT785. If I were to use my AVR-3310 and affordable amps to feed so many large mouths I would go with something like:

XPA-2 for the L/R (to get optimum performance and headroom for 2ch classical music enjoyment).
XPA-5 for the rest (people who listen to 7ch stereo at 0 may need more)
Crossover at 60 Hz

I would have never expected the little 3310 to do anything for your impressive speaker set up. What I find amazing is when people tell people to get an external power amp just because those little speakers are 4 ohm rated. When I see those posts I felt compel to caution them of overpowering those small speakers (e.g. HTIAB type) with affordable power amps such as the EMO XPA-5.
Thanks.

Actually the 3310 was for a small room with 641se.

I do have the XPA-2 setup in the big room.

B

BassAddictJ

Audiophyte
my guess is a loose wire...did you check all your connections?

G

Gesatzs

Audiophyte
Denon 3310 AV/R shutting down !

Hi
I wanted to know if you had a solution for the denon 3310 shutting down every hour or so...

I happen to experience the same issue, with the green light blinking twice every second...

Any help would be really appreciated !
thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis