W

wslagter

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>It seems that when playing my dvd-r or any other dvd movie on my ntsc 2900 and viewing it on my Toshiba widescreen hd tv, I am misssing approx. 10 % of the pichture  (height and width ) and can't adjust it in any way on my tv.
With my previous dvd player (toshiba) I could zoom in and out all the way until it would display the full picture, however, with the 2900, Zoom function is 4x,2x or  off.
But again even at no zoom still I am missing 10% of the picture.

Anybody else has noticed this before and is there a way to fix this ?

Thanks
wslagter</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#736AFF'>Very strange. &nbsp;Usually overscan is a matter of 5's or ten's of pixels, not percent of the picture. &nbsp;I have a DVD-2200 and have no problem whatsoever with overscan.</font>

W

wslagter

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>When I watch a movie on my pc dvd player ,I see the entire original film but I am not able to see the entire original frame as encoded on the DVD on my DENON 2900 &nbsp; &nbsp;so obviously the 2900 overscans and I can not fix this with the zoom button on the 2900 remote. ( it only zooms in )
&nbsp;Some better DVD players have an incremental zoom range allowing you to zoom out &nbsp;so you can underscan the overscanned image and restore the entire original film frame.
(My previous Toshiba dvd player had this option) &nbsp;

Nobody has ever experienced this with the DENON 2900 &nbsp;?? &nbsp;

Anybody knows how to fix this other than buying another dvd player &nbsp;??</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Does the picture look slightly shifted left?</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I don't think the picture looks shifted to the left.
It just overscans the whole picture</font>

<font color='#000080'>Basic questions, but necessary... Have you adjusted through all of the Toshiba zoom modes and verified that your DVD player is set to widescreen 16x9 television format in th setup?</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I set up &nbsp;the Denon 2900 in the widescreen 16:9 mode and checked all the Toshiba zoom out possiblities and checked all different modes like widescreen, full screen and does not help.

I hooked up the Denon 2900 with component cables to the Toshiba Colorstream input.
My Toshiba ( model TW65X81 ) has 2 Colorstream inputs &nbsp;Colorstream HD1 and Colorstream HD2 .
Switching the inputs does not help either.

I just wished that the Denon 2900 had incremental zoom out possiblities to easily solve the problem .
Could this be a Denon firmware problem?
My us firmware is: &nbsp;DVR 030728
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;B/E 6237 Q
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Panel 6236 K
Don't know if this is the latest.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Has anyone had problems with DVD-R?? My 2900 will play most movies but freezes up and acting all strange. Some movies the display only shows &quot;no play&quot;. I´ve tried the discs in other DVD players and it works just fine... The most annoying thing is that the players I´ve tries on cost only a tenth of what the 2900 does....

I use Memorex discs and burn in Nero 6 and Stomp</font>

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>No offense fellas,but it sounds like I can cross the 2900 off my list of players to consider.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>I had similar problems with my player under review freezing up with certain DVD's (Star Wars I, Star Trek Nemesis, Avia) until Denon sent me a firmware update which fixed it. &nbsp;I was under the impression that the first run of units with older firmware suffered this fate. &nbsp;I recommend emailing Denon for the firmware fix at: j_talmadge@denonnj.com .

Perhaps Jeff can assist you with other outstanding issues.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis