Denon 1601/861 AVR surround problems

Y

Ydnar

Audiophyte
How do i need to word this to get some help? doing something wrong?

As the title says I have a Denon 1601 (new model is 861) AVR.

Problem is that some of the surround channels no longer produce any sound, and some work intermittantly (spelling?)..ie: 5 Channel Stereo works on the right side but the left pops in to join the right at random, sometimes staying on for a while, then going back to just right. The other options are Matrix, Video Game, Jazz club......you get the picture.

Also, the speaks and wire works great on other compatible systems.

All the speaker wires are good and I'm lead to believe the problem is internal as opposed to speaker outs for some of the surround channels (Options...paramaters?) do not work at all.

I've cruised around many forums and site to find an operators or repair manual. Cannot find anything. None of the threads I've read deal with my particular problem.

I would like to try to Reset the 1601 but have not found the way to do so.

I'm not sure wht other info to provide, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very greatful....and will provide what other info necessary.

As you can see, I'm trying the DIY path instead of taking in for repairs,, which will the the last step.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Y

Ydnar

Audiophyte
/bump

So no one has any ideas for me?

This has been posted for several weeks. Did I post in such a way that nobody will respond?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis