N

NDyse10

Junior Audioholic
Hello All,

I went into my local dealer this afternoon just to look at some things. They have a pair of the DefTech BP7004 on consignment for $800 for the pair. As far as I know this is a pretty good deal. The problem is I do not have even close to $800 to buy these. However, I do have my own equipment to trade in.

What I have is:

SVS PB-12 NSD
Polk Audio Tsi200
Polk Cs20 center channel
Infinity 10-80w center channel
Sennheiser HD600 headphones
Schiit Audio Headphone amp

I demoed them in the store and thought they were amazing. That being said, I was wondering if people thought the DefTech BP7004 speakers with no sub would be better than the SVS sub and a pair of tower speakers or bookshelf speakers priced under $800.

These will primarily be used for music listening and will be paired with a Marantz SR5005.

Thanks for any and all opinions!

Nick

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
The SVS is a keeper, as is your headphone rig. If you can swing it, consign the Polks and Infinity and pick up the DefTechs.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I own 7006 towers. I demoed all of the 700x towers before I purchased.

The Def Tech Supertowers, while freagin sweet, are not a substitute for a dedicated sub. They just don't get that low or have the tuned enclosure to provide deep tones.

That being said, $800 for that pair is SICK. If you can get them, go for it. That's less than a single would cost you new.

N

NDyse10

Junior Audioholic
The SVS is a keeper, as is your headphone rig. If you can swing it, consign the Polks and Infinity and pick up the DefTechs.
Yeah I tend to agree. It's just tough to pass up such a good deal. I'm not sure I can afford the Def Techs with just the Polks in trade.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I agree. Keep the SVS, but try to get the def techs if you can swing it. The Def Techs STs will be fine for most 2 channel music. The sub will give you that slam for movies. I have the Goldenear Triton 2s, very similar to the STs

N

NDyse10

Junior Audioholic
I agree. Keep the SVS, but try to get the def techs if you can swing it. The Def Techs STs will be fine for most 2 channel music. The sub will give you that slam for movies. I have the Goldenear Triton 2s, very similar to the STs
We listened to those before just for fun. I think they sound similar but the Def Techs are significantly cheaper :D. I do want to keep my SVS however so it looks like I may have to let a good deal pass by here.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
We listened to those before just for fun. I think they sound similar but the Def Techs are significantly cheaper :D. I do want to keep my SVS however so it looks like I may have to let a good deal pass by here.
Yup, I auditioned both and that price is nice. The real edge for the GEs is the ribbon tweeters.

T

TulsaSKD

Junior Audioholic
ya I know $1200 for everything is silly but I cant find anyone close only a few people who want me to ship and these are just to heavy dont want to take a chance. Thanks for looking though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis