DefTech BP 9020, flat feet or spike

antne

antne

Audiophyte
When I unpacked these speakers this summer, the mounting hardware include both silver dollar feet and spikes (which manufacturer called carpet spikes. Since they were going on hardwood floor, I went with the round feet.
I'm now curious if installing spikes instead would alter the sound, Room is uncorrected, roughly 11 x 26", mix of hardwood floor, couple of area rugs, two big leather chairs w/ottomans, and stone coffee table.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
When I unpacked these speakers this summer, the mounting hardware include both silver dollar feet and spikes (which manufacturer called carpet spikes. Since they were going on hardwood floor, I went with the round feet.
I'm now curious if installing spikes instead would alter the sound, Room is uncorrected, roughly 11 x 26", mix of hardwood floor, couple of area rugs, two big leather chairs w/ottomans, and stone coffee table.
I would not put spikes on my hardwood floors!

They are nice for carpet, my towers with spikes could take a decent bump and not really wobble.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Some spikes come with disks for hardwood floors... Not necessary though.
Spikes, even with those discs, couple a Speaker to the floor. Spikes do not Isolate: this is a myth that needs to die..

If the regular feet keep the speaker stable that is all you need. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You chose the better style feet already. Spikes might be useful on carpet, but that depends.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis