Definitive Technology Super Cube II for $225

M

Mjllennial

Audiophyte
Hello everyone I am new to the forum and new to high end subs, but thought this would be a good place to ask about the potential purchase of a Definitive Technology Super Cube II found on Craigslist.

Is the asking price of $225 reasonable? It appears to be in excellent condition.

The original production date is around 2006, is age a big factor if it has low run time?

The Definitive Technology Super Cube II specs say it will reach 14hz which seems hard to believe given its size. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you for your input

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
They aren't very good subs. DefTech has been known to exaggerate their specs a bit.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
To say 14hz is dubious would be an understatement. DT is widely known for embellishing their specs. And even if it can reach 14hz it won’t be doing it with any authority whatsoever. Someone here might actually have some in room FR sweeps.
Personally, I’d pay about a hundred bucks.
Are you actively looking for a subwoofer, or did this just pop up and seem interesting?
For 75 bucks more, I’d rather have two of these.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The Sub 1200 is, by many accounts, a solid box-o-budget-boom! Worth checking out.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Or the 1500...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Sub1200 and 1500 been out of stock for a while, and the due date for new stock has gotten pushed a couple times at least.

Likely all COVID related pushes.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ok, thanks for the heads up. I guess I didn’t look that close.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
The Definitive Technology Super Cube II specs say it will reach 14hz which seems hard to believe given its size. Does anyone have experience with this?
Seems hard to believe because it's a lie. I bought a Supercube 4000 which DT rates to 16 Hz. It falls off a cliff at 30.

IMO don't bother wasting your money on this.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Hello everyone I am new to the forum and new to high end subs, but thought this would be a good place to ask about the potential purchase of a Definitive Technology Super Cube II found on Craigslist.

Is the asking price of $225 reasonable? It appears to be in excellent condition.

The original production date is around 2006, is age a big factor if it has low run time?

Thank you for your input
I think it's overpriced for its age. I would go about $125.00

M

Mjllennial

Audiophyte
Thank you for the replies everyone.

I have been searching for a new sub for a while, but am looking for a good price over urgency. I would be willing to go to $500 and am looking to get a sub that you can physically feel. The most fitting subs seem to be SVS pb-1000/2000, HSU VTF-2 MK5, or Klipsch R-115SW.

The def tech sub is located a fair distance away, so I will probably continue the search unless they come down on price.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Even at 100, the only "feel" associated with that DT will be Sad.

:(

I've actually had a DT salesperson tell me NOT to buy DT.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis