Definitive Technology Speaker Setup Suggestions for Onkyo TX-NR696

Aaron Kwekel

Aaron Kwekel

Audioholic
Here is my current setup. It is temporary until our house is built. Apartment overkill. LOL
HT Setup.jpg

LG OLED B8 65
Onkyo TX-NR696
Def Tech 8060ST
Def Tech 8060CS
Def Tech 8080SR (Not hooked up)
Panamax 5300
AudioQuest cables:
Rocket 44's
Cinnamon and Chocolate HDMI's
Irish Red and Black Lab sub cables

But when it comes to setting these speakers up. Do I have the setup correct?
Av settings below
(Click Here)

Thoughts and Suggestions?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
1 looks fine
2 I'd put the LPF of LFE back at the normal 120hz
3 looks fine
4 looks like the quick menu selection for changing trim/level while you're using the Apple 4k input and you're setting the front trim up 5dB? Not sure of the context here
5 okay, so center trim up 6dB, sub up 3dB.

Were the trim (level) settings set by using the AccuEQ setup or by using an spl meter or ?
What are the delays (distance) settings?

Aaron Kwekel

Aaron Kwekel

Audioholic
1 looks fine
2 I'd put the LPF of LFE back at the normal 120hz
3 looks fine
4 looks like the quick menu selection for changing trim/level while you're using the Apple 4k input and you're setting the front trim up 5dB? Not sure of the context here
5 okay, so center trim up 6dB, sub up 3dB.

Were the trim (level) settings set by using the AccuEQ setup or by using an spl meter or ?
What are the delays (distance) settings?
I did not use the AccuEQ. I just set the center and fronts manually. My center distance is 9ft. My fronts are 9.5ft.
I hope I answered your questions.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
In 4 is that just for the one input, you're setting them up differently? Any reason to up the trim levels the way you did particularly? Just sounded good by ear? Or used an spl meter?

Aaron Kwekel

Aaron Kwekel

Audioholic
4) Those settings are for all inputs. I just tested the sound by ear. I have not used an spl meter. I see you can download and app and use your phone. But really not sure on what to do after using the test tone feature on the av.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Holy cow that's in an apartment? Any complaints because I'm in a townhouse that knock on wood have had no complaints but am very paranoid about.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Aaron Kwekel

Aaron Kwekel

Audioholic
Hahah, it so tempting when the neighbors want to be loud. But no. I’m a good neighbor and usually use headphones. But... when they’re gone. Time to have fun. Lol

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Hahah, it so tempting when the neighbors want to be loud. But no. I’m a good neighbor and usually use headphones. But... when they’re gone. Time to have fun. Lol
I try to be a good neighbor at all times but still paranoid I'm annoying them. It'll ruin my life if I ever get a complaint.

Aaron Kwekel

Aaron Kwekel

Audioholic
I try to be a good neighbor at all times but still paranoid I'm annoying them. It'll ruin my life if I ever get a complaint.

The perks of apartment and townhome living :/

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Maybe I'm just a Bad Man. Fuckk the Neighbors.
I'm not saying you have to run your subs hot I'm not saying you have to listen at reference levels constantly I'm not saying you have to jam out where they can hear your music throughout the whole complex but I am not going to limit my system and what I do in fear of my neighbors. And every once in a while it is okay to flex your system and let the dB's run free.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not saying you have to run your subs hot I'm not saying you have to listen at reference levels constantly I'm not saying you have to jam out where they can hear your music throughout the whole complex but I am not going to limit my system and what I do in fear of my neighbors. And every once in a while it is okay to flex your system and let the dB's run free.
I love it! That was great.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Play it loud but don’t go and f#%k the neighbors. Never s#%t where you eat.;)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Generally at least once a year if not a couple few times a year I will host a party at my house. These parties can last into the early hours of the morning. The longer they continue generally the louder the music the louder my guests become.
I have sliding glass doors and French doors throughout the back of my house which basically open up the whole back to my patio area and pool area and outdoor kitchen this gives the flow from the inside the house to the outside of the house so guests can come and go wherever they want.
My system can reach well into the low 100+ dB's without a problem. And with the whole back of the house open I'm sure half my neighbors in my neighborhood can hear the system and my guests. Now generally most of the time my neighbors are invited to my party so they know about it in advance but on the few occasions they weren't invited my thoughts are oh well. I don't do it all the time and I don't expect my balls busted when I do. Just like when my neighbors like to blow off fireworks on New Year's Eve, Fourth of July whatever other occasion they feel like doing it I have to deal with it.
I guess basically what I'm saying this as long as you're not doing it all the time then it's okay and if you do have that one sour neighbor that just likes the Biatch. Just do what I would do tell them to go Fuckk themselves :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis