Definitive Technology DI 6.5R Disappearing In-ceiling Speakers Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
I don't get to review in-ceiling speakers all that often, so I jumped at the chance to take a look at Definitive Technology's latest "DI" or Disappearing In-wall series. I got hold of four DI 6.5R speakers to review. These are round in-ceiling speakers that run about $279 each. They can be used as side or rear surround speakers or to fill any room with sound. I could easily see these installed in a dining room, office or bedroom. As for me, I tested them a bit harder, using them for high-quality sound reinforcement in a classroom environment.

Discuss "Definitive Technology DI 6.5R Disappearing In-ceiling Speakers Review" here. Read the article.

U

utopianemo

Junior Audioholic
I am due for a speaker upgrade soon and I have been considering in-walls. After much searching, researching and the like, I'm currently set on the Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 for fronts, and their matching center. Having said that, in-walls are still in the running. A while back, I visited the Aperion offices(living in Portland has its privileges!) for a demo session, which they are always happy to do. At the time, their Intimus 5t's blew me away, but their in-wall LCR(paired with a sub)sounded nearly as good.....quite a feat for less than $250/speaker! In fact, the only thing that has kept me from going in-wall is the permanency of installing them.

fantaxp7

fantaxp7

Audiophyte
How would you feel about these being used as surrounds? I have the Mythos STS and 9 speakers for my front and gems for surrounds however in my new apartment the gems won't work as surrounds. These look like a great alternative for people like myself where spacing is an issue for surrounbds.

Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis