Definitive Technology BP2000 Amp Died - Replacement Options?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
These Def Tech speakers are on Craigslist all the time. Maybe find a used pair of newer series or even go used BP10 model which doesn’t use amps.

Otherwise there’s plenty of speakers that outperform the Def Techs if you are ready to move on.

J

Jwheel

Audioholic
Take the speaker that works and place a dummy plug in the LFE input. Now just connect a signal to the low input only and see if any sound comes from the sub as well as the low driver. If it does your plan will not work. If no sound comes from the sub driver under that test, then your plan will work.
TLS Guy, Thanks for the response. I'm not sure what you're referring to by a 'dummy plug'. Can you help me here? Thanks!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Audioholic Slumlord
TLS Guy, Thanks for the response. I'm not sure what you're referring to by a 'dummy plug'. Can you help me here? Thanks!
I mean just an RCA plug with nothing connected to it, as there is likely a detector to know if there is anything in that input.

J

Jwheel

Audioholic
So given the current situation, I started looking at some new speakers as suggested without internal amplifiers. Today on my local classifieds, I found a pair of mint condition AV123 RS750 Signature edition speakers in rosewood finish for $300. I'm aware of the epic demise of this company, but heard the speakers are good. Thoughts on these as replacements for the price?

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis