Definitive Technology - Are these good ?

T

THX

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>One of the things in the audioholics buyers guide to avoid is

&quot;Low priced tower speaker systems from mass market companies with internal powered subwoofers.&quot;

Can some one describe an example of one of these? Do Definitive technology power towers fall in to this category. I am thinking of buying a new BP2004TL. Are these worth the cost of 1600? What would you consider as an alternative?

cheers

</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
THX : One of the things in the audioholics buyers guide to avoid is

&quot;Low priced tower speaker systems from mass market companies with internal powered subwoofers.&quot;

Can some one describe an example of one of these? Do Definitive technology power towers fall in to this category. I am thinking of buying a new BP2004TL. Are these worth the cost of 1600? What would you consider as an alternative?

cheers

They are very good value and have excellent imaging like their predecessors namely the BP 20. They are very forgiving when it comes to room acoustics and can liven up even dead rooms. Little low on the lower mid bass department but that can be rectified easily with proper settings from the source.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>These speakers are awesome. I have a set of BP2002TLs and they have such a wide sound stage it is unbelievable. They sound good with music and sound a good with Home Theater as well. However, they claim to be able to run with low power but I found they get a bit sloppy. If you a have a good amplifier get them. If not, get them anyway. You will love them I guarrantee it.</font>

G

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Guest : <font color='#000000'>These speakers are awesome. I have a set of BP2002TLs and they have such a wide sound stage it is unbelievable. They sound good with music and sound a good with Home Theater as well. However, they claim to be able to run with low power but I found they get a bit sloppy. If you a have a good amplifier get them. If not, get them anyway. You will love them I guarrantee it.</font>
<font color='#000000'>Definitive speakers are not for everyones taste. I auditioned some and while they do present an impressively wide soundstage, there was not the precision of imaging that is more important to my listening tastes.</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>I would definitely go with Definitive Speakers, I pesronally own 3 ProMonitor 200s. &nbsp;This recomendation may seem to not have a lot of value because you are cosidering the more superior BP2006TLs. &nbsp;Just to let you know I am very pleased with my speakers, but to own a pair 2006s would be terrific.

My Equipment
Yamaha RX-V1300 A/V Receiver
Harman Kardon FL8380 HDCD Changer
Toshiba SD4800 DVD Player
Yamaha YST-SW305 Subwoofer</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I have a pair of 2006TLs for my front. &nbsp;A C/L/R/ 2300 for the center and two BP8-Bs in the rear. &nbsp;I have zero complaints. &nbsp;I also have a Sunfire Mar IV subwoofer crossed over at 40hz. &nbsp;

These speakers do such an excellent job!!! &nbsp;The rears are not powered but considerable bass is still not not a problem. &nbsp;I love the fact I can run my systems full range and not worry about having to employ bass management which makes purchasing SACD/DVD-Audio a low level concern.

In my opinon there are better speakers but the price to performance ratio is the best I've come across. BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis