Definitive Pro Center 1000 Excursion

K

Kyle Braunlich

Junior Audioholic
The Speaker itself is great, it is just that when a movie gets to loud it seems to take a lot of base. I have the crossover set to 150hz. I thought that would be enough. The most i noticed it was in the movie dr. strange, where dormammu speaks. The voice rattles the speaker. All of my other speakers are fine.
For reference: Fronts = Definitive SM55, Sub = Definitive Pro Sub 1000
Thanks for any help!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
So the speaker puts out too much bass or the speaker doesn't produce enough bass? It's hard to tell from your description.

It has small bass drivers that are trying to produce bass, and that means they have to move a lot. I would not be surprised if it actually vibrated quite a bit, because the drivers would need to be so active. Honestly the only really good solution is to get a better speaker. Every other solution has severe compromises. You could turn down the center channel volume, but that would make dialogue difficult to understand. Raising the crossover even higher would also hurt dialogue intelligibility.

It sounds like the ProCenter 1000 isn't built for the kind of volume levels that you want to listen to.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis