Def Tech W Studio blinking green light on sub

T

TechToys2

Audioholic
A relative has a Definitive Technology W Studio sound bar and wireless sub, around 5-6 years old. He replaced his television and can't get the sub to work/communicate with the sound bar. When he pairs the bar with the sub, the menu says it is paired, but there is a green light on the back of the sub that blinks rather than coming on steady. A Youtube video showing how to connect things seems to suggest there should be a steady green light. The manual doesn't say anything and I am having trouble finding anything online.

Does anyone know anything about these sound bars and what the green blinking light might mean? Any suggestions for what.to try?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd guess it's telling you something's wrong but without help from the manual hard to know. Try resetting the system? If it doesn't have an actual reset to perform (called microprocessor or factory reset or full reset), then perhaps try a simple soft reset (i.e. unplugging each unit from power for a bit).

T

TechToys2

Audioholic
I'd guess it's telling you something's wrong but without help from the manual hard to know. Try resetting the system? If it doesn't have an actual reset to perform (called microprocessor or factory reset or full reset), then perhaps try a simple soft reset (i.e. unplugging each unit from power for a bit).
Thanks. I'll suggest he give that a try. I imagine there is a reset somewhere in the menu. The manual is really pretty useless on troubleshooting.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks. I'll suggest he give that a try. I imagine there is a reset somewhere in the menu. The manual is really pretty useless on troubleshooting.
I glanced at the manual, it just said "green light" nothing about it flashing when pairing but on the same page were the reset instructions.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis