Def tech speaker question

Jeff Schmidt

Jeff Schmidt

Junior Audioholic
I am about to pull the trigger on a new amp to power my L,C,R, but the sales rep asked a question I didn’t know the answer to and I’m hoping someone on here may know.

I have Definitive Technology BP2000tl’s and a CLR3000 as my L,C,R. The question he had was whether the powered subs rely on the negative feed as a common ground? Apparently the amp I want wouldn’t work if it does. This is a bit past my pay grade so I emailed DT a few days ago and got no reply and I get off work to late to catch them on the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I am about to pull the trigger on a new amp to power my L,C,R, but the sales rep asked a question I didn’t know the answer to and I’m hoping someone on here may know.

I have Definitive Technology BP2000tl’s and a CLR3000 as my L,C,R. The question he had was whether the powered subs rely on the negative feed as a common ground? Apparently the amp I want wouldn’t work if it does. This is a bit past my pay grade so I emailed DT a few days ago and got no reply and I get off work to late to catch them on the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There is no information on those 20 year old speakers. So you need to get out your multimeter and find out. That will be a very easy matter to determine if they are connected.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis