Def. Tech. Center & Surround advice

Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme

Audioholic
I currently have a pair of the 7002 that i love. I am about to add the center and surround speakers to go with them. I am looking at two options. 1st is the CLR 2500 with the BP2x's. The second is the CLR 2002 with the BPx's. The dealer that I am buying them from has a pretty small store with limited selection so I have not be able to listen to all of these options. The CLR 2002 is the only center that I have heard and the BP1.2x's are the only surrounds that I have heard. I am leaning toward the 1st option due to the better center but I think the BPx's would match up with the 7002's better. If any of you Def. Tech. guys have any advise let me know which option you think would be the best. Money is an issue, I have already spent way more than I had planned :).

Thanks,

Omega Supreme

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Nice system build up!!

My choice would actually be the CLR-2002 with the BP2xs, since you are trying to save $$ without sacrificing SQ. The 2xs are similar to my UIW-BPs and my room is similar in size. The CLR-2500 isn't necessary since you get good bass from the 7002s.

Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme

Audioholic
Thanks for the reply AVRat. Have you compaired the 2500 & the 2002? When I started the thread I sent a copy of it to Chet @ Def. Tech. Here is his comment:

Given a choice, I'd recommend going with option #1. You'll hear a greater improvement in the sound of your home theater system by using a better center speaker (and lesser surrounds) than using a lesser center speaker and better surrounds. (The center speaker plays 60% - 65% of all the sounds recorded on most movies. Having a better center speaker really makes a difference.)

If the 2500 is that much better than the 2002 then I can justify spending the extra cash. If you have compaired them let me know what you thought.

Thanks

M

mitch57

Audioholic
Omega Supreme said:
Thanks for the reply AVRat. Have you compaired the 2500 & the 2002? When I started the thread I sent a copy of it to Chet @ Def. Tech. Here is his comment:

Given a choice, I'd recommend going with option #1. You'll hear a greater improvement in the sound of your home theater system by using a better center speaker (and lesser surrounds) than using a lesser center speaker and better surrounds. (The center speaker plays 60% - 65% of all the sounds recorded on most movies. Having a better center speaker really makes a difference.)

If the 2500 is that much better than the 2002 then I can justify spending the extra cash. If you have compaired them let me know what you thought.

Thanks
Definitely go with option number 1. I have the same configuration (BP 7002s, CLR 2500, and BP2Xs). It's a great setup and that built in sub on the CLR 2500 really sings. I set mine to large.

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
I would definitely go with the 2500 as well. You will have more powerful presence from the fron if the center can keep up with the front L/R. Ideally if you had a drop down screen and a front projector you would have a 3rd 7002 behind it.

Surround IMO are not supposed to take over the room rather be more ambience and keep the score alive feeling. I hate it when I can point out non important scores such as thunder to individual speakers. when I am in a thunderstorn the sound is everywhere...

~Bob

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
The 2500 really does add additional depth to the front soundstage to give you the killer HT setup. :D :cool: If you can swing it, it'll add about $300. :eek: :(

Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme

Audioholic
Thanks for the advise. Looks like it will be option #1.

Omega Supreme

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis