O

oSiRis

Audiophyte
Hi All,

Just like to quickly introduce myself, my name is Justin and resides in the eastern suburb of melbourne, Australia.

The reason i post this thread is to get some "experience" info in relation to some of the products that i am thinking of getting for my new project home.

The room is 5.4 meters by 3.7meters X 2.4m (This will be a dedicated cinema room )

Things I can't put my hand on are,,, (DLP Projectors)
(1) Infocus ScreenPlay 7205
(2) Dreamweaver
(3) Domino 20 or 30 (Difference between the two are resolution only)

I am quite particular about quality in terms of rainbow affect.

Things I can't put my hand on are,,, (Receivers and PreAmp)
(1) Denon AVR-3805
(2) Rotel RSP-1098 in combiantions with Rotel RMB-1095
or
(3) Rotel RSX-1067

Its going to be 80% cinema and 20% music.

The only things that i am sure of getting are Steward 110inches screen.

As for speakers and cabling, absolutely no idea, there are so many choice to choose from.

The question is based on the room size are the rec/amp too much?
Which projector's got very minimal rainbow effect?

I think the speakers are open to suggestion, had look into Elac and Velodyne at this stage only and some Klipsch.

Any suggestion and info for all the gurus out there will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

G

Gate7

Audiophyte
Re Decisions

Hi OsiRis,
After looking at your room specs I would suggest you go for a Stewart 100 inch screen.

You don't want to be too close to the screen and also you want to allow space along the sides for speaker placement. Fast moving pictures can cause sore eyes and even headaches from close distances. You'd also get better picture quality from 100inch than 110. The choice is yours

As for the Projectors, In-focus is very good as Is the dreamweaver so I suppose it comes down rainbow affect and clarity.

Gate7

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis