Dear AMD CEO, way to run your company into the ground

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
AMD shits the bed every time a new game comes out by failing to provide decent driver support. After their latest huge layoff, it's only going to get worse. They sacked half their software support team. You couldn't do it worth a **** with twice as many people how do you figure you're going to improve. Way to go AMD, you just put the nails in your own coffin. While your cards do offer beastly performance when running right, I don't like to have to worry about wiping my SSD and reloading windows 7 everytime you put out a half baked driver/cap update. AMD you are going to get your *** handed to you until the only customers you have left are people who just didn't know any better, like me. Every current Radeon owner I know is getting rid of you next upgrade. You don't deserve another dollar from me or anyone else. Support of your products is so bad that I really think a class-action lawsuit is in order. While, I don't have the time or resources to get one rolling, I hope someone brings one and bangs you like you've been banging us for years.

Your processors are **** and you haven't been able to do anything better than Intel for a few years now. You are so far behind you will never catch them. Your video cards are great performance for the buck but your lack of support far eclipses their performance potential. You need to help your customers put your cards rubber to the road.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
I don't think people from AMD read these forums. Also while AMD processors do fall behind intel in gaming and most single threaded areas, they've proven themselves in multi-threaded tasks for quite some time now.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Wow. All I can say is I have had no qualms with my Radon HD5870. Driver updates come out monthly and I have never had any problems with them. The same could not be said for my old Nvidia 8800GTS which seemed to break something with every driver update. I certainly have never had to reinstall Windows because of a display driver update from either Nvida or AMD. I've been running the current install for over a year now since I got an SSD.

I haven't run an AMD CPU since my old Athlon 1800+. Intel surely has them beat there.

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
It's been a few years since I had an nVidia card, but I've had an overall better experience with ATI/AMD drivers. Not to say it has been perfect, there was at least 1 driver I had to back out because it caused a BSOD. The frequency of driver updates has been more than adequate I think.

If you've got System Restore enabled on your windows system you shouldn't have to resort to reloading Windows 7, even if the driver is fubar.

Senior Audioholic
I ditched ATI (now owned by AMD) over a decade ago and do not even consider them when looking for graphics cards.

Remember the font cache bug using ATI in Windows 3.1? :eek:

Seriously ATI never could write a driver properly.

I had hope when AMD bought them, but in reality their support got worse over all.

I do still prefer AMD processors... Go figure:confused:

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
If you think you don't get good support from AMD, consider the plight of the state of New York. NY has just shy of $1 billion invested in infrastructure build-up and tax breaks over the next ten years, in a company named Global Foundries, which is affiliated with AMD and is supposed to produce chips for them. The plant is built and is scheduled to go online in 2013. However, they are claiming they are broke, and are asking for their tax credits up-front in the form of cash. And, it seems, that AMD may not want their chips after all, because they fear their yield rate will be too low compared with the yield rate at their Taiwan plant. I wonder if AMD takes NY's calls at a call center in Mumbai, India.

Senior Audioholic
Your loss. ATI cards are awesome :)
I am sure they have some good cards but in my experience there is always some workaround for ATI users in many video games.

My son's computer had an ATI card in it when the Orange Box came out. We had to roll back the drivers two revisions and run it in DirectX 7 mode to work around the "Cannot create DirectX object" bug ATI cards had.:rolleyes:

Seriously in 2007 they still could not make there stuff fully DirectX compatible?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Your loss. ATI cards are awesome :)
+1

Especially nice then I got my dual 5770 1gb in xFire for almost nothing :rolleyes:
and my old 4870 is now getting it's 2nd life with Craig7 member.

but yea, Dozer is complete and utter crap, I used to have x2 3800 - the first consumer dual core cpu, but now intel Core kills anything amd, but in rare case of heavy multithreaded apps

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis