Deal of all Deals!!!!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hello people just wanted to point out to you all how good the Acoustic Research ARPR808 sounds. This thing is very small but is built like a tank. It is very heavy and produces some very nice sounding bass. Very punchy and tight making my Paradigm Studio 20 v.3's sound even more awesome. I have (2) of them. At J&R.com you can get one for only $99 including shipping. If you get (2) for $199 you can even get $15 dollars off. You WILL NOT find a powered subwoofer to perform better for this price. If so, I would like to hear it. Sure, there are some better subs for just a little more money such as the Dayton down firing 10" sub but like I said it is more money. Each one cost me $92.50 delivered. The performance you get is just unbelievable. I know the SVS and the Hsu subs are also better but cost considerably more. Just thought some of you might wanna know how good this little sub is.

Last edited:
mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....a most worthy report, Speakerman....surely there is an amount of readers at this site who have young families and very limited budgets for home audio, and virtually all of us have been there....from reading at this link, I'm not sure the 15 dollar off coupon goes past tomorrow, with tomorrow being a legal holiday, but a quite decent 150 watt 8-inch powered sub with 8-inch passive radiator for a century note ($100) that includes shipping, should fit the bill in grand style for a limited budget....sure, two for $200, delivered.....

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3974009

.....here's another one that would be a quality deal for limited budgets....this is a "pair", not one, also with free shipping.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006JPDI/ref=nosim/002-4929051-9784015?n=172282

Last edited:
Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Wow.

And, wow again.

It's a good day for those on a budget.;)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
mulester7 said:
.....a most worthy report, Speakerman....surely there is an amount of readers at this site who have young families and very limited budgets for home audio, and virtually all of us have been there....from reading at this link, I'm not sure the 15 dollar off coupon goes past tomorrow, with tomorrow being a legal holiday, but a quite decent 150 watt 8-inch powered sub with 8-inch passive radiator for a century note ($100) that includes shipping, should fit the bill in grand style for a limited budget....sure, two for $200, delivered.....

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3974009

.....here's another one that would be a quality deal for limited budgets....this is a "pair", not one, also with free shipping.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006JPDI/ref=nosim/002-4929051-9784015?n=172282
Mule I couldn't agree more. Well said. Thanks for your comments. Have a great Presidents day.

K

kalrith

Enthusiast
Speakerman,

Would you mind measuring the sub's height when you get it? It's listed as 13.5", and I have a little nook under my entertainment center that is exactly 13.5" tall. This is the only spot in my living room that I have for a subwoofer, and I'm looking for an inexpensive one that will fit. It will be sitting on carpet, if that makes a difference in the feet that are used.

Thanks!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
kalrith said:
Speakerman,

Would you mind measuring the sub's height when you get it? It's listed as 13.5", and I have a little nook under my entertainment center that is exactly 13.5" tall. This is the only spot in my living room that I have for a subwoofer, and I'm looking for an inexpensive one that will fit. It will be sitting on carpet, if that makes a difference in the feet that are used.

Thanks!
Kal sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The ARPR808 8" powered sub is exactly 13.5" tall and 13.5" deep. Sounds like it would be a very tight fit. Hopefully you can work something out. Good luck and be sure to let us know what you decide.

K

kalrith

Enthusiast
speakerman39 said:
Kal sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The ARPR808 8" powered sub is exactly 13.5" tall and 13.5" deep. Sounds like it would be a very tight fit. Hopefully you can work something out. Good luck and be sure to let us know what you decide.
That's okay. Thanks for measuring for me. It turns out that my measurements were a bit off, and the nook is about 13.3" tall. However, our entertainment center has two flat base supports instead of legs, so I think I can jack it up a bit by putting some plywood under there. It might be a little while before I get it, though. My wife thinks that we should hold off because we've bought several things that I wanted (receiver, DVD player, and speakers) and nothing that she wants (screen door, new shutters, etc.). I might be able to swing one for my birthday though. It comes up a month after hers, and I bought her tickets to a Michael Buble concert that was already sold-out when we first heard about it (I got them on stubhub), and she is really bummed about not getting to go see him. I'll let you guys know what I (she) decide(s) and how this fares with my Polk R50s.

Also, thanks a bunch for posting this deal. I've had such a hard time finding a compact sub that performs well, but isn't double the price of a similarly performing larger sub.

Z

zepaholic

Audioholic
speakerman39 said:
Hello people just wanted to point out to you all how good the Acoustic Research ARPR808 sounds. This thing is very small but is built like a tank. It is very heavy and produces some very nice sounding bass. Very punchy and tight making my Paradigm Studio 20 v.3's sound even more awesome. I have (2) of them. At J&R.com you can get one for only $99 including shipping. If you get (2) for $199 you can even get $15 dollars off. You WILL NOT find a powered subwoofer to perform better for this price. If so, I would like to hear it. Sure, there are some better subs for just a little more money such as the Dayton down firing 10" sub but like I said it is more money. Each one cost me $92.50 delivered. The performance you get is just unbelievable. I know the SVS and the Hsu subs are also better but cost considerably more. Just thought some of you might wanna know how good this little sub is.[/QUOTE speakerman39, saw this and ordered one expecting delivery today. I have a yamaha 2500 and paradigm studio 40s can you give me some settings for this sub. Thanks

Z

zepaholic

Audioholic
AR sub

I would like to thank speakerman39 for posting that deal on the AR sub. I got one and can say this is one nice sounding sub, great bass. Just listen to the depth charge seen in U-571 WOW!. Good job speakerman39.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
zepaholic said:
speakerman39 said:
Hello people just wanted to point out to you all how good the Acoustic Research ARPR808 sounds. This thing is very small but is built like a tank. It is very heavy and produces some very nice sounding bass. Very punchy and tight making my Paradigm Studio 20 v.3's sound even more awesome. I have (2) of them. At J&R.com you can get one for only $99 including shipping. If you get (2) for $199 you can even get $15 dollars off. You WILL NOT find a powered subwoofer to perform better for this price. If so, I would like to hear it. Sure, there are some better subs for just a little more money such as the Dayton down firing 10" sub but like I said it is more money. Each one cost me $92.50 delivered. The performance you get is just unbelievable. I know the SVS and the Hsu subs are also better but cost considerably more. Just thought some of you might wanna know how good this little sub is.[/QUOTE speakerman39, saw this and ordered one expecting delivery today. I have a yamaha 2500 and paradigm studio 40s can you give me some settings for this sub. Thanks
Zep I would x-over the sub around 90-100 Hz as a STARTING point. I use my Studio 20's when listening to music so I lower the X-over point and it sounds best around 80-90 Hz range in my living room. However, as I notice more and more the ARPR808 8" subs play down to only the low 40's Hz region would be my guess. I love these subs but wish they did have a little better extension espeically when watching dvd's. I am using a Yamaha RX-V757 as my receiver. Wish I could had afforded the 2500--you lucky guy you........LOL!!!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
zepaholic said:
I would like to thank speakerman39 for posting that deal on the AR sub. I got one and can say this is one nice sounding sub, great bass. Just listen to the depth charge seen in U-571 WOW!. Good job speakerman39.
Glad that it is working for you. Bet it does sound real good.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Preetu said:
Thankz!!speakerman39...nice deal
Your welcome there Preet. So, did you get one or two? How does it sound? What else do you have in your system? Anyways, take care. Hope to hear from you soon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis