Deadpool and Wolverine - Marvel Movies still have a pulse :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This guy was clearly not who the movie was made for. I thought this was the best one. If you were entertained by the first two, this one (which is not Deadpool 3) will bring a smile to your face too. It makes no bones about it being fan service. For the most part it is crude humor, over the top bloody action, more crude humor and a TON of jabs at Disney and the Fox and Marvel acquisitions. The 4th wall commentary isn't limited to superhero movies :D

DEFINITELY don't read anything about what happens in it, because it will spoil it. I had a few things partially spoiled for me, but I till enjoyed it. There were a few scenes where they revealed something and I said "Oh Sh1t" and then Ryan Reynolds says "Oh Sh1t." too lol. It is the reaction they were looking for haha.

it is worth watching the episode of The Hot Ones which has Jackman and Reynolds. Spoiler free, some good comments in general.

I liked both Deadpool 1 and 2. So I figured I would also like Deadpool-Wolverine, especially since it was written by the same guy who wrote Deadpool 1-2.

I will most definitely watch this movie for sure.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Wow, didn't realize "Passion of the Christ" made $370 million!

But yeah, that's just a fraction of what Deadpool-Wolverine will make.
And that was before this weekend.

Both Joker and Oppenheimer were higher grossing than Deadpool and Wolverine. It still has a way to go. Joker is a little over 1 billion and Oppenheimer is almost 1 billion. It should still pass both

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Both Joker and Oppenheimer were higher grossing than Deadpool and Wolverine. It still has a way to go. Joker is a little over 1 billion and Oppenheimer is almost 1 billion. It should still pass both
Joker making over $1 billion surprised me - I mean it's a great movie, but didn't seem like it would make over a $1 billion.

Deadpool-Wolverine is already at $824 million after just ONE week. There is no doubt it will surpass $1 billion by end of this weekend. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
US Box office, which makes it currently #1 by far. As you can see in the article, Joker is still #1 world wide and likely not for long. Deadpool is also ahead of Inside Out 2, which was never going to keep making that kind of money after the first few weeks because most kids have already seen it.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
1722981276687.png

• Not sure if it will pass inside out as it's at 1.5 billion, (domestic & international) but not a fair comparison because it's not an R Rated Movie
  • Oppenheimer is 330m US and 646m International roughly, so it should pass that by the end of this week or next
  • Joker is 335/744 US/Int so already ahead of US numbers

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Inside out 2 was the highest grossing until Deadpool.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure your point, Inside Out 2 is still the highest grossing movie, Deadpool hasn't passed it, probably won't
Deadpool has only been out a week. Kids are going back to school as soon as next week, so nobody is going to go see Inside Out 2 anymore while people will still be going to see what they're missing in Deadpool. I think it will catch it if they leave it in theaters long enough.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Sad but it looks like She Hulk won't be renewed. I liked that show.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As predicted by all of us, Deadpool-Wolverine has already surpassed $1 billion after just 2 weeks.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just saw Deadpool-Wolverine at the local OKC AMC-24 in their IMAX theater.

I can tell they don’t use any in-ceiling speakers since I didn’t hear anything overhead- they probably just use height speakers. Not impressed.

I liked the movie a lot. Thought it was the best Deadpool movie.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I just saw Deadpool-Wolverine at the local OKC AMC-24 in their IMAX theater.

I can tell they don’t use any in-ceiling speakers since I didn’t hear anything overhead- they probably just use height speakers. Not impressed.

I liked the movie a lot. Thought it was the best Deadpool movie.
Ask the theater boss to get on the ball and install ceiling speaker or else going to another theater. ;) :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ask the theater boss to get on the ball and install ceiling speaker or else going to another theater. ;) :D
I’ve been to Atmos theaters in OKC, Orlando, Los Angeles, Dallas, and I am not sure if any of them have in-ceiling speakers. Maybe most people feel that height speakers are good enough for Atmos.

Have you been to a commercial Atmos theater where you heard a lot of sounds overhead?

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The theater we go to is almost brand new; it opened at the end of Covid and since not as many people know it is there, it tends to not be so packed. The Atmos speakers hang overhead. It sounds pretty darn good in the Dolby Cinema theater.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The theater we go to is almost brand new; it opened at the end of Covid and since not as many people know it is there, it tends to not be so packed. The Atmos speakers hang overhead. It sounds pretty darn good in the Dolby Cinema theater.
Nice. So the overhead speakers are not flushed with the ceiling ? They hang down from the ceiling?

I have never seen ceiling speakers in any of the commercial ATMOS theaters I’ve been to.

I am convinced that ONLY speakers from the ceiling sound like true ATMOS. IOW, if something is supposed to come from overhead, we should hear them overhead, not just hear the sound AROUND us. :D

Imagine one of those horror movies where someone is walking around upstairs and the only footsteps we can hear are coming from AROUND us, not from above us like in REAL LIFE.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis