Deadpool and Wolverine - Marvel Movies still have a pulse :)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
We couldn't wait, so I left early from work (which means I walked away from my home office) to watch this movie and it did not disappoint. It is by no means perfect, but a solid B+ outing with an insane number of awesome cameos (both hidden and not hidden)

Notes:
  • Do not google cameos, that was one of the best parts of the movie is being surprised how many and who.
  • There are a lot of references to both comic lore, actors' current events, and the marvel movies and TV Shows, being a true nerd that was fun
  • There are after credits scenes and one at the end, so don't leave early
  • Only issue I had with the movie is just a little too much "4th Wall" Commentary
Enjoy

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
After just one day (Friday) it has already made $211 million. :eek:

Production budget: $200 million.

Probably be $400 million after this weekend is over.

Something tells me it’s headed for $1+ billion mark. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
After just one day (Friday) it has already made $211 million. :eek:

Production budget: $200 million.

Probably be $400 million after this weekend is over.

Something tells me it’s headed for $1+ billion mark. :D
Which blows away any 'R' rated movie box office by a lot

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Deadpool-Wolverine ($200 Million Budget) already made $438 Million after 3 days. :D

Twisters 2024 ($155 Million Budget) has made $221 Million after 10 days.

Deadpool-Wolverine will probably make $1 billion.

And Twisters will probably make > $300 million.

This means Deadpool-Wolverine won't be available on streaming for probably 3 months.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
MCU Fantastic Four is scheduled for late this year or early next year. Growing up in the 70s the FF were always my favorite. The first family of Marvel comics. The World's Greatest Comic Magazine, anybody remember that?

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Going to see Deadpool/Wolverine in Indiana State IMAX tomorrow

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Going to see it on Sat in Dolby Cinema. Had too much to do last weekend.

Alien Romulus tickets also went on sale this week for release on Aug 16th.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
MCU Fantastic Four is scheduled for late this year or early next year.
The screenplay is written by Peter Cameron who wrote Carnival Row, WandaVision, Moon Knight.

Could be worse, but I don’t consider him to be among the best writers.

So I have very little expectations of the upcoming F4. :D

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Saw Deadpool and Wolverine today. Picture great, sound great, but worst marvel mo

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Saw Deadpool and Wolverine today. Picture great, sound great, but worst marvel mo
Did they do anything stupid that nobody in their right mind would do? Or was it boring ? Story/plot wasn’t that interesting? Too long? Too much talking?

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Deadpool was extremely boring and stupid. Wolverine was good but not great. Only the last 20 minutes seemed to have any plot. Almost left in middle of show and had to
Talk my wife into sticking it out.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Deadpool was extremely boring and stupid. Wolverine was good but not great. Only the last 20 minutes seemed to have any plot. Almost left in middle of show and had to
Talk my wife into sticking it out.
Wow. I’ll lower my expectations when I eventually watch this movie on streaming, which is probably in 3 or 4 months since it is doing so well at the box office.

It appears to be the same writer that wrote Deadpool 1 & 2.

How does Deadpool-Wolverine compare to Deadpool 1 & 2?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wow after 10 days, Deadpool-Wolverine has now made $824 million. Will pass $1 billion for sure.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The screenplay is written by Peter Cameron who wrote Carnival Row, WandaVision, Moon Knight.

Could be worse, but I don’t consider him to be among the best writers.

So I have very little expectations of the upcoming F4. :D
The bar has not been set high with the first two movies....and the last one, so it has nowhere to go but up IMO

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Wow after 10 days, Deadpool-Wolverine has now made $824 million. Will pass $1 billion for sure.
It definitely has staying power, only a 37-43% drop-off for SAT and SUN. To put things in perspective, a majority of marvel superhero movies and DC for that matter are 60%+ for week 2 in box office gross. It will definitely exceed 1 Billion.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Wow. I’ll lower my expectations when I eventually watch this movie on streaming, which is probably in 3 or 4 months since it is doing so well at the box office.

It appears to be the same writer that wrote Deadpool 1 & 2.

How does Deadpool-Wolverine compare to Deadpool 1 & 2?
This guy was clearly not who the movie was made for. I thought this was the best one. If you were entertained by the first two, this one (which is not Deadpool 3) will bring a smile to your face too. It makes no bones about it being fan service. For the most part it is crude humor, over the top bloody action, more crude humor and a TON of jabs at Disney and the Fox and Marvel acquisitions. The 4th wall commentary isn't limited to superhero movies :D

DEFINITELY don't read anything about what happens in it, because it will spoil it. I had a few things partially spoiled for me, but I till enjoyed it. There were a few scenes where they revealed something and I said "Oh Sh1t" and then Ryan Reynolds says "Oh Sh1t." too lol. It is the reaction they were looking for haha.

it is worth watching the episode of The Hot Ones which has Jackman and Reynolds. Spoiler free, some good comments in general.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis