Dead Woofer Recessitated

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just minutes ago while playing Kayne West's Love Lockdown I noticed my left speaker was not putting out any bass. Upon touching it I realized it was dead. Removing it from the speaker box I discovered the wires to it were detached. I reattached the wires and all is fine now; but, I am wondering how both wires became detached as I had inserted the wires firmly into the spring loaded clips two years ago after refoaming my woofers. What sort of force could have "pulled" these wires out of their clips? And, what would produce such force?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Just minutes ago while playing Kayne West's Love Lockdown I noticed my left speaker was not putting out any bass. Upon touching it I realized it was dead. Removing it from the speaker box I discovered the wires to it were detached. I reattached the wires and all is fine now; but, I am wondering how both wires became detached as I had inserted the wires firmly into the spring loaded clips two years ago after refoaming my woofers. What sort of force could have "pulled" these wires out of their clips? And, what would produce such force?
Vibration. The spades were not as tight as you think. I always solder speaker wires onto the drivers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Spring clips aren't the best, some I've had lose tension over time/use, too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis