Dead Deal - Amazon Fire Tablets: 16GB 8" $50, 32GB 10.1" $100, Chargings stands $10 WHEN BUNDLED

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
They do lock you into Amazon's App Store unless you side load the Google Play Store (easy) but I rather like my side loaded 10.1" Fire Tablet. I just bought another with the charging stand to use as a giant sized super Echo Show. Note the bundles half way down the page and that you have to select the 32GB 10.1" or 16GB 8" to see the bundles. The charging stands are usually $40 and $55. Sales on the 8" aren't uncommon but IMO the bundle that makes this a hot deal.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-fire-hd-10-10-1-tablet-32gb-7th-generation-2017-release-black/5998900.p?skuId=5998900

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-fire-hd-8-8-tablet-16gb-7th-generation-2017-release-black/5822969.p?skuId=5822969

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have original Fire 7 table. With Amazon heavily modified Android, it was sluggish and Ads were WAY over the top (ad-supported version). Luckily I've found a way to root it and update with plain vanilla android. Still no rocket ship but very much usable running one app at the time, like Youtube and it's fairly responsive. Hard to complain about $25.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I have the OG as well and yes it was a dog. But then my original Nexus tablet was also a dog and even my old LG 8.1 (V-510) is feeling mighty long in the tooth and doggy. Anyway, I didn't bother to root my 2017 Fire Tablet 10 but while it might not be quite not as fast as my S2 it does the job pretty darned well for less than half the money and it's fast enough for my needs. Sideloading the Google Play Store only took about an hour and gave me access to all of my favorite Android apps and just $15 makes the ads go bye-bye. Anyway, I mostly use the Fire 10 when I take it to places where I don't want to be too heartbroken if I get gear stolen like at work or for travel or if I ever have to go back into the hospital again, and it makes for a dandy giant Kindle reader. With the charging stand a Fire 10 would also make a dandy recipe tablet for the kitchen.

In this case I need a 2nd and 3rd Echo Show and a Fire Tablet with charging stand should do the job as a larger, much cheaper, and far more powerful Show.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis