David Crosby... RIP

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Almost Cut My Hair, Live, 1974

Eight Miles High, 1967

Guinnevere, Album Version, 1969 (2005 remaster)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
What ! , gee. I've always enjoyed his music, he will be missed.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Time marches on. Will happen to all of us, in time.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
And the punches keep coming rapidly. My broken heart can't take it. Just found out on the news. Rest Mr. Crosby.
inspiration-david-crosby_j4rxax.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Been loving his re-association with various music styles and acts (like Snarky Puppy)...and the way he handles his past. CSN was super important to me as a teen. RIP.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
RIP Mr Crosby....I was quite the CSN&Y freak in '71 (until I picked up something called "Ziggy Stardust" in a Murphy's Mart one fine day)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This was a really awesome performance with him during a David Gilmour concert.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
From all of the drama I had heard and read in the relationships with the others in CSN&Y, I was surprised by Graham Nash's message- he had said that after Crosby's statements about Nash's wife, he would never speak to him again, but after Crosby passed, he made these comments-

“It is with a deep and profound sadness that I learned that my friend David Crosby has passed. I know people tend to focus on how volatile our relationship has been at times, but what has always mattered to David and me more than anything was the pure joy of the music we created together, the sound we discovered with one another, and the deep friendship we shared over all these many long years,” Nash wrote. “David was fearless in life and in music. He leaves behind a tremendous void as far as sheer personality and talent in this world. He spoke his mind, his heart, and his passion through his beautiful music and leaves an incredible legacy. These are the things that matter most. My heart is truly with his wife, Jan, his son, Django, and all of the people he has touched in this world.”

Very nice tribute.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Back in January when David Crosby died, no cause of death was provided other than "he died after a long illness". Now Graham Nash has said Crosby died after contracting Covid-19 for the second time.

Years ago, after long struggles with drug & alcohol addiction, Crosby had a liver transplant. As a result, he had to take potent immune-suppressing drugs for the rest of his life, to prevent rejection of the transplanted liver. A life-time of immune-suppressing drugs is directly linked to increased risk from infectious diseases, such as Covid-19. I don't know if Crosby was vaccinated for Covid-19, but I think he probably was. I'd be surprised if any organ transplant patient wasn't – even if he was as much a flake as Crosby was known to be. A life-time of taking immune suppressing drugs also increases the risk of developing leukemia, lymphoma, or other types of cancer. The fact that Crosby lived to age 81 suggests, but does not prove, that he did clean up his act after receiving his liver transplant, closely following all medical advice.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/david-crosby-died-after-contracting-covid-19-graham-nash-1235300057/

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/graham-nash-david-crosby-death-covid-19-1234711868/

Crosby's liver transplant was highly controversial at the time because liver transplants were usually denied to people with a history of drug or alcohol addiction. There were never enough livers to meet the demand from patients with failed livers, who weren't addicts. But in the organ transplant business, enough money can get around such obstacles.

I usually avoid criticizing anyone who has recently died, especially in these RIP threads. So, I'll stop here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis