Daughter has been looking for a job...look who hired her.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Good old Best Buy. It is her first "real" job with taxes and all, full time and for a pretty decent rate considering minimum wage. I'm proud of her *sniff*

Can you say new releases :) Um, they don't get a discount on media though, apparently, but still; I won't have to run out at lunch and grab the latest stuff anymore LOL.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
j_garcia said:
Good old Best Buy. It is her first "real" job with taxes and all, full time and for a pretty decent rate considering minimum wage. I'm proud of her *sniff*

Can you say new releases :) Um, they don't get a discount on media though, apparently, but still; I won't have to run out at lunch and grab the latest stuff anymore LOL.
When she gets home(from work), ask her about "Flip the Clip".

I don't know if they have the same employee crap for the US stores, but you better not teach her anything about stereo's if you want her to stick around there.

SheepStar

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Heh

mine just started her new job as well, not at best buy:) I'm just happy because now she will be spending her own money and not as much, of mine;) :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
billy p said:
I'm just happy because now she will be spending her own money and not as much, of mine;) :D
That is a big plus too....:D She has to pay for her car insurance and basic upkeep for her car.

She'll be working in media according to them, so teaching her about stereos shouldn't hurt. She never knew what all that equipment did until she went to a friend's house and heard what an average HT sounds like...LOL. She doesn't start until next week; orientation is this weekend.

Last edited:
A

audiofox

Full Audioholic
j_garcia said:

I'm jealous-mine got a job at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I can get all the towels and sheets I need for 20% off. Wanna trade discounts? The towels work great as bass traps-honest! :)

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
j_garcia said:
She doesn't start until next week; orientation is this weekend.
Don't worry, she won't get brainwashed since she has you...just tell her to keep her knowledge to herself..and possibly a customer at a time.:D

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
audiofox said:
I'm jealous-mine got a job at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I can get all the towels and sheets I need for 20% off. Wanna trade discounts? The towels work great as bass traps-honest! :)
Every month i get a 20% discount voucher from them sometimes even twice. Do you know you can use that at at Linen's and Things or any other similar stores? Borders is also a good place to get discounts, join their membership for free, you'll get 10 20 30% discounts a lot. I buy many cd's from them.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I almost got hired at Best Buy. A local high end A/V store bailed me out just in time. I love my current job and I get to work with lots of nice stuff that you'd never see at Best Buy. My employee discount is 5% over cost. I think I'll make use of that by buying a new receiver. :D

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Congrats on all the kids working guys. And there are some decent buys to be had at BB from time to time that could be pretty tempting with an additional discount.

A

audiofox

Full Audioholic
Yeah, I am very glad that my daughter is working, what with so many of her peers without jobs and/or enough drive to go out and get one. My "complaint" was definitely with my tongue firmly in my cheek...

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Geez people get onto the subject the REALLY matters...

Is she hot?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
BMXTRIX said:
Geez people get onto the subject the REALLY matters...

Is she hot?
OHHHH NO HE DIDNNNN!!!!

Hahahaha.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LOL. Can't comment on that, but one day we were at the mall and a guy walking the other way was full on oblivious staring and I gave him a nice little floor check to remind him that he should close his mouth. C'mon, at least try to act like you aren't staring or you might be staring at the celing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis