data recovery !!!!!

T

tisesunshine

Audiophyte
SOS!
I made a serious mistake that all my most important files are lost by accidental deletion,they are no longer be recovered by the Windows Operating system.
is there any way to recover my files?
I need help! Thanks a lot for any replies.

S

sparky77

Full Audioholic
First of all, don't use the computer. Second, use another computer to google and download a free program called undelete. Install the program to a flashdrive, then plug it into the problem computer, and attempt to recover as much of the data as you can, if some parts of a file have been rewritten over already, the file will not be recoverable.

fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
I would also suggest you download a free program called Recuva. It's easy to use and has found some stuff for me that other programs haven't. From the same company that makes ccleaner and defraggler, both great free programs! Good luck!

jinjuku

jinjuku

After you recover your data I recommend that you put a backup plan in place.

I personally use Mozy for myself, my parents, and friends. The free version includes 2GB. The pay version at $4.95/month allows for unlimited backup.

C

cravenkay

Audioholic Intern
After you recover your data I recommend that you put a backup plan in place.

I personally use Mozy for myself, my parents, and friends. The free version includes 2GB. The pay version at $4.95/month allows for unlimited backup.
that is fine for most data but files super important you should always backup to a disc. most my data i care about is on 2 sometimes 3 drives and the data i can't lose ever i put on a DVD disc.

jinjuku

jinjuku

that is fine for most data but files super important you should always backup to a disc. most my data i care about is on 2 sometimes 3 drives and the data i can't lose ever i put on a DVD disc.
And if you have a flood or fire?

M

Milla

Audiophyte
As for me, I use different software to recover deleted files. On the market, there are many programs that recover photos, videos, documents, and other important files deleted by mistake or intentionally, you can give some of them a try. For example, Advanced File Recovery, Recover My Files, Quick Recovery, R-Studio. I prefer the first one, because it unerases mistakenly deleted files from any media.

C

cravenkay

Audioholic Intern
And if you have a flood or fire?
put it in a water/fire proof safe.

data that important you don't want other eyes on should be in a safe place anyways. if you got small files like your resume you want backed up to some online storage site no biggy. im sure you won't be using them to store your blurays.

jinjuku

jinjuku

put it in a water/fire proof safe.

data that important you don't want other eyes on should be in a safe place anyways. if you got small files like your resume you want backed up to some online storage site no biggy. im sure you won't be using them to store your blurays.
You really need to have off site backup. Offline/site redundancy is key and with todays services like Mozy it's easy to do.

Safes are rated for only so much time in a fire. Most aren't waterproof. We had one customer that was flooded and had to get a special circular saw blade from the manufacturer to cut open the thing.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis