M

mx416

Audioholic
hello folks,

I’m not normally one to post much but outlaw audio has forced my hand.
Some background, I have been eyeing a change of subs for some time. I love my dual lv12r but am just looking for more all around performance. My room is large (6000cuft non sealed) and the rythmik give their best but I want more. I’m a basshead what can I say. My full system can be seen in my signature. I do really enjoy the sound of the rythmik with both movies and music (60/40).

I have been holding out debating the following subs on my own while doing research. But then outlaw comes along with a sale for 2x ultra x13 for 2000 and I almost bought on the spot( hence the title)
Subs list

Dual Hsu vtf mk5 1900
  • Dual rythmik Fvx15 1900
  • Dual Hsu vtf 15h v2 2222 low price 2190
  • Dual outlaw audio Ultra x13 2400
  • Dual rythmik fv15hp 2550
  • Triple Hsu vtf mk5 x3 2850
  • Triple rythmik fvx15 2900
Ps my end game has always been dual fv15hp but this sale kinda changes things. Just wondering if I should pass on the deal or shake loose with the cash.

Listen levels -15 to -7 music
-10 to -3 movies

Thanks for the help in advance

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Any of these systems should be great. The triple Hsu or triple Rythmik systems should be amazing, especially if you can place one of those bad boys in a near-field position. That will give you all the bass you will ever want.

M

mx416

Audioholic
Currently have one of the lv12r near field. Near field is an eye opener for sure. I love it. Just need more ;)

M

mx416

Audioholic
Maybe you can answer this question that’s been burning me shadyJ. With three subs and the x4300h my plan was to,

Stack two of the subs and use a splitter(front subs near LCR) and then run the other rca to the near field sub. I was under the impression that would be best for audyssey to handle them.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Maybe you can answer this question that’s been burning me shadyJ. With three subs and the x4300h my plan was to,

Stack two of the subs and use a splitter(front subs near LCR) and then run the other rca to the near field sub. I was under the impression that would be best for audyssey to handle them.
Yeah that is the best way to do it if you have Audyssey MultiEQ XT32. That way it will see the stack as a single sub and the near-field as the other sub. Make sure the subs in the stack have the same exact settings, especially with regard to phase. You know, with three subs, you might get a great response without resorting to Audyessey. I can get a very nice response with four subs without EQing of any kind. You might try setting the subs around the room without stacking them, if you have a way of measuring the response. You will have to set distance and phase manually without audyssey though.

If you decide to go with a stack, put something like grip mat between the subs, like this stuff, so that the subs do not vibrate off each other.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I would vote for dual fv15hp and then you won’t wonder what if. Yes I’m an enabler I guess. :)
Rythmik makes great subs. My single 12 inch LVX12 is perfect in my 2600 cubic feet space but you have 6000 cubic feet to deal with. It seems reasonable that 15 inch subs are needed for that big of a space.

J

John Clement

Junior Audioholic
I will have to say with my 4000 cubic feet. 1 HSU 15 Mk ii will Raise the damn roof if I want. I can’t imagine 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You will have to set distance and phase manually without audyssey though.
I think the setup distances are still effective if you turn off Audyssey
I just checked on my Marantz and if I run the regular setup with Audyssey, I can go into Setup>Audio>Audyssey>MultEQ XT32 and select "OFF".
Then, Setup>Speakers>Manual Setup>Distances still shows the distance for each speaker and sub that resulted from the setup routine!
(of course there is an option on the "Distances" screen to return to default distances for anyone who doesn't want to keep the Audyssey distances)

J

John Clement

Junior Audioholic
I will have to say with my 4000 cubic feet. 1 HSU 15 Mk ii will Raise the damn roof if I want. I can’t imagine 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went with one and I’m in aww of what a true subwoofer is
Looking at The size on paper is different than actually setting it in the room ..
I’m actually fixing to change out all my components from speakers to Equipment except sub..
I kinda caught the bug and after hearing the Focal Aria 936’s I was blown away

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If box size is not an issue for you, ported HSU's with 15" driver are real beasts. Great choice.
I've heard HSU VTF15 mk1 and it was a sight to behold. easily the most powerful sub I've ever heard.
mk2 is about 3db louder across most of the range.

B

Blake NoLast

Audiophyte
I'd go with either dual Monolith 15 THX subs, or dual HSU VTF-15H mk2. While the Outlaw Ultra X-13s are great, you can get better for the same amount of money, or less. They do have a nice advantage of driver being protected due to the down firing design, plus they do have a smaller footprint than their competition.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
Yeah that is the best way to do it if you have Audyssey MultiEQ XT32. That way it will see the stack as a single sub and the near-field as the other sub. Make sure the subs in the stack have the same exact settings, especially with regard to phase. You know, with three subs, you might get a great response without resorting to Audyessey. I can get a very nice response with four subs without EQing of any kind. You might try setting the subs around the room without stacking them, if you have a way of measuring the response. You will have to set distance and phase manually without audyssey though.

If you decide to go with a stack, put something like grip mat between the subs, like this stuff, so that the subs do not vibrate off each other.
That stuff is a good idea, I like to use the giant mousepads they they used to have at Big Lots. I don't know if they still have them, but the 19x12" ones were a buck each a couple of years ago. I have them under my center speaker. 2 under my CD player, and they seem to work well. Some of them are much denser than others. I picked through the pile and took only the heavy ones, which are about a 1/4" thick and have a nice heft to them. They are all black too so they hide well.

BryceH

BryceH

Enthusiast
Since it looks like you listen to a decent amount of music, i am going to be the third (i think) to recomended dual fv15hps.

Ive got an fv15hp that ive had for about a year and a half. Its a great sub and can go plenty loud... i recently moved and my system is in a vaulted living room so i added an fv25hp. Duals make it amazing (plus the fv25hp is an absolute beast). I probably should have just added another fv15hp, but i had to try Rythmiks top of the line. As you can see, i am biased towards Rythmik though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I went with one and I’m in aww of what a true subwoofer is
Looking at The size on paper is different than actually setting it in the room ..
I’m actually fixing to change out all my components from speakers to Equipment except sub..
I kinda caught the bug and after hearing the Focal Aria 936’s I was blown away

Do I spy a rocketfish wireless sub adapter?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis