Dali Opticon 8 MK2 What good value to money final amplifier?

C

charliespeaker

Audiophyte
Hello All,

I'm new to the topic but as we all I Like good details and power.
I'm buying hifi system. I'm thinking about Dali Opticon 8 MK2 Speakers. Do you have any suggestions for amplifiers?
I'm looking for something with 150 Watts PCH. Something good that will fit well with these speakers.
Currently will be placed in room 20sqm.

Thank you all for your advice.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The opticon 8 looks like it can handle more power, but 150 watts should be sufficient to make it pretty loud. If you like to crank the system occasionally, I would be looking for amps in the 200+ watts per channel range.

C

charliespeaker

Audiophyte
The opticon 8 looks like it can handle more power, but 150 watts should be sufficient to make it pretty loud. If you like to crank the system occasionally, I would be looking for amps in the 200+ watts per channel range.
Thank you for your answer. Do you have any suggestions? I'm looking for something that will match in terms of sound quality.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Thank you for your answer. Do you have any suggestions? I'm looking for something that will match in terms of sound quality.
Pretty much any amp from any reputable electronics manufacturer will do. If you want to save some money, try some Outlaw Audio Model 2220 Monoblocks (if you are in the USA). You could buy four of them, and bi-amp the Dali speakers, and have tons of headroom, plus it will only cost 1,600USD. There are other good amps, like Monoprice Monolith series, Anthem, Parasound, Starke Sound AD4, Marantz, Yamaha, and others. If you want to get spendy, look at Benchmark and Cherry Audio.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do you want a separate pre-amp and power amp or integrated amp or ?

C

charliespeaker

Audiophyte
Pretty much any amp from any reputable electronics manufacturer will do. If you want to save some money, try some Outlaw Audio Model 2220 Monoblocks (if you are in the USA). You could buy four of them, and bi-amp the Dali speakers, and have tons of headroom, plus it will only cost 1,600USD. There are other good amps, like Monoprice Monolith series, Anthem, Parasound, Starke Sound AD4, Marantz, Yamaha, and others. If you want to get spendy, look at Benchmark and Cherry Audio.
In terms of specifications distortion at 0.007% -0.005% class A or 0.05% Monoblock. I have checked Monoblocks looks interesting. I'm based in Europe. I think I'll have to book a demonstration. Thank you again for your response.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you want a single channel amp (monoblock style) that would be different from an integrated amp. What's your budget? What particular models have you looked at already? Personally I'd look at Hypex or Purifi based power amps and use an appropriate pre-amp for my needs (but don't need to as I already have a few pairs, so no current suggestions particularly for pre-amp, haven't looked at what's out there for quite a while). What inputs/features do you need particularly either way?

C

charliespeaker

Audiophyte
If you want a single channel amp (monoblock style) that would be different from an integrated amp. What's your budget? What particular models have you looked at already? Personally I'd look at Hypex or Purifi based power amps and use an appropriate pre-amp for my needs (but don't need to as I already have a few pairs, so no current suggestions particularly for pre-amp, haven't looked at what's out there for quite a while). What inputs/features do you need particularly either way?
I'm trying to close in 6000$ everthing. Inputs:streaming/cd/electronics format,tv,Bluetooth. I was looking at Marantz Model 30 and Marantz Streamer from the same series but the price is 6000euro plus speakers Opticon 8 MK2 3000euro. That is a bit too much but ideal.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You're spending twice as much on amplification than the speakers?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Amp is 3000euro and source is 3000 euro
So twice as much on electronics than speakers? Makes little sense to me, much rather spend more on speakers and less on the electronics. What do you mean by "source"?

C

charliespeaker

Audiophyte
So twice as much on electronics than speakers? Makes little sense to me, much rather spend more on speakers and less on the electronics. What do you mean by "source"?
Source:
Marantz 30N Network SACD Player

But it is a total of 9000euro bit too much but it would suit me ideally.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Source:
Marantz 30N Network SACD Player

But it is a total of 9000euro bit too much but it would suit me ideally.
Yeah a 2ch sacd player for that kind of money makes no sense to me, only reason I buy sacd is for multich (use an Oppo and a few Sony players).

C

charliespeaker

Audiophyte
Yeah a 2ch sacd player for that kind of money makes no sense to me, only reason I buy sacd is for multich (use an Oppo and a few Sony players).
Yes, I think the same is too much. But I need a good amplifier and I need to deliver the good quality signal.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, I think the same is too much. But I need a good amplifier and I need to deliver the good quality signal.
Even my Sony's provide an excellent digital signal. I don't need them to do the converting to analog, and while the Oppo can I still just use its digital signal. Depends how you want to configure your gear, whether you want the player to convert to analog or pass the signal digitally to a unit that can do it.

C

charliespeaker

Audiophyte
Yes, I have to find a solution to match the budget and expectations. Thanks for help.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis