H

Harbormaster

Audiophyte
I just ordered dual PB 1000s and thinking of adding a third klipsch R 120 sub that i have. My receiver is a onkyo 730 and has two sub pre outs that are just spliters. What is the best way to connect all three. I have watched a few videos on on daisy chaining on youtube but still not clear. Contacted SVS and they said to connect a y splitter to the 1 sub pre on the receiver and connect the two svs subs to that splitter. Then connect the klipsch sub to the second pre out on the receiver. My receiver is 6 ohms. Will this split 6 ohms three ways? Is this ok?
A diagram would be helpful. Thanks

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I just ordered dual PB 1000s and thinking of adding a third klipsch R 120 sub that i have. My receiver is a onkyo 730 and has two sub pre outs that are just spliters. What is the best way to connect all three. I have watched a few videos on on daisy chaining on youtube but still not clear. Contacted SVS and they said to connect a y splitter to the 1 sub pre on the receiver and connect the two svs subs to that splitter. Then connect the klipsch sub to the second pre out on the receiver. My receiver is 6 ohms. Will this split 6 ohms three ways? Is this ok?
A diagram would be helpful. Thanks
6ohms is for the speaker outs. The line outs will be just fine and can be split a number of times.
I might try the pb1k’s on their own first though. My hunch is they will have a better overall sound. The klipsch will likely not be as linear or controlled. Might be fine too, just something to consider.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis