Dad's Birthday Gift => AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Power Amplifier

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
My youngest son has been bugging me from time to time for over a month (since my birthday) to give him a list of something to buy me as a birthday gift.
I really don't need anything, but he kept pushing, and said he was going to buy me something really weird soon if I didn't give him something.

So last night I was on Amazon, and as I had been looking at this AIYIMA Amp for @Rylan , I went to see it again. Amazon had it on a 15% discount to $86.82 CAN ($64.33 USD) so I sent him the link.

My Atmos system is currently configured as a 5.2.4 due to the Denon AVR "only" having 9 channels of amplification, but it will process 11 channels. During our Reno, I pre-wired for 7.2.4 and wall mounted the surrounds even though I never powered up the Rears since. I've been toying with the idea of getting a separate Amp just for the rears for ages, but the present configuration seems great just the way it is, and I could never justify it to myself.

Amazon delivered it at 3:15 today but I didn't know for sure what it was as it was addressed to my son; and he often gets stuff as he's got a Prime membership. He gave it to me after dinner.

So I'll have to try it out. I'll probably test it on some other speakers I have to make certain it functions, before I start reconfiguring the Atmos System in the Games Room.

Wish me luck?

R

Rylan

Audioholic
That’s fantastic! Sounds like you have a very thoughtful son! I have one son, but he’s still too young to buy gifts lol. He’s a year and a half now. (I stopped counting months lol)

I’m an older dad (43) but have remained to stay in good shape so I can do everything my son does. I thankfully still fool people and they always guess I’m between 25 and 28. My wife is pregnant with our second child due in December. My wife and son are taking a vacation to Florida for a week leaving tomorrow and I will be left behind. Although I will miss them, it’s going to be a blast being able to test out the system and have nothing and no one to worry about!! I might have to be careful, or I may pull a Marty McFly from the opening scene of Back to the Future 1.

That’s great that you got the same amp. Now we have the same set up. I also have a 7.2.4, well almost, RSL is about to ship me the second 10S. I will be sending back the 12S middle of next week. I bet your boys love your theater.
I ordered some theater signs tonight and 2 signs for 2 of my 4 basement doors. (One that says restroom and one says guest suite) eventually id like to get a standup full-size popcorn machine.

Attachments

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Today I hooked up the AIYIMA Amp to a pair of 8 ohm bookshelf speakers we've had in storage since the big Reno of 2018. For input I connected it to a NUC (PC) I put together last summer to get familiar with Windows 11. I plugged in a portable hard drive into the NUC with all my FLAC and MP3 back-up tunes on it. It's pretty near field but sounds pretty good considering the gear.

I've been driving it continuously at pretty decent volume levels for well over an hour and the AIYIMA has been flawless and isn't even warm. According to my Thermal Gun the temperature rise is 5.2° C starting from a 20° C ambient.

I'm happy with it. Enough to look for a window to install it to drive the Rear Surrounds in the Atmos System in the Games Room. But for now I'll keep listening / testing out in the Man Cave.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Today I hooked up the AIYIMA Amp to a pair of 8 ohm bookshelf speakers we've had in storage since the big Reno of 2018. For input I connected it to a NUC (PC) I put together last summer to get familiar with Windows 11. I plugged in a portable hard drive into the NUC with all my FLAC and MP3 back-up tunes on it. It's pretty near field but sounds pretty good considering the gear.

I've been driving it continuously at pretty decent volume levels for well over an hour and the AIYIMA has been flawless and isn't even warm. According to my Thermal Gun the temperature rise is 5.2° C starting from a 20° C ambient.

I'm happy with it. Enough to look for a window to install it to drive the Rear Surrounds in the Atmos System in the Games Room. But for now I'll keep listening / testing out in the Man Cave.
Unrelated, but thought I'd give you an attaboy for a post you made somewhere about hooking up from HDMI to analog to the DVD section of an AVR on some thread I read earlier this AM. I have had this PC since 2017 and forgot it had an HDMI out. My AVR is old and has no HDMI so I just blew it off and had been listening out of the 3.5 headphone via a Y cable and all was well.

Just out of curiosity sake, I had this HDMI converter contraption with RCA outputs on it so figured to give it a try. Other than the fact that the default volume was WFO when I first turned the music on, I must say it sounds noticeably better, including the subs. Thankfully I didn't have the AVR turned up too much but it still nearly blew me out of my chair.

So, with that said, Thanks for that! :D

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Unrelated, but thought I'd give you an attaboy for a post you made somewhere about hooking up from HDMI to analog to the DVD section of an AVR on some thread I read earlier this AM. I have had this PC since 2017 and forgot it had an HDMI out. My AVR is old and has no HDMI so I just blew it off and had been listening out of the 3.5 headphone via a Y cable and all was well.

Just out of curiosity sake, I had this HDMI converter contraption with RCA outputs on it so figured to give it a try. Other than the fact that the default volume was WFO when I first turned the music on, I must say it sounds noticeably better, including the subs. Thankfully I didn't have the AVR turned up too much but it still nearly blew me out of my chair.

So, with that said, Thanks for that! :D
Glad to be of assistance. It's all about helping each other when we can. ;)

C

CarlXu

Audiophyte
My youngest son has been bugging me from time to time for over a month (since my birthday) to give him a list of something to buy me as a birthday gift.
I really don't need anything, but he kept pushing, and said he was going to buy me something really weird soon if I didn't give him something.

So last night I was on Amazon, and as I had been looking at this AIYIMA Amp for @Rylan , I went to see it again. Amazon had it on a 15% discount to $86.82 CAN ($64.33 USD) so I sent him the link.

My Atmos system is currently configured as a 5.2.4 due to the Denon AVR "only" having 9 channels of amplification, but it will process 11 channels. During our Reno, I pre-wired for 7.2.4 and wall mounted the surrounds even though I never powered up the Rears since. I've been toying with the idea of getting a separate Amp just for the rears for ages, but the present configuration seems great just the way it is, and I could never justify it to myself.

Amazon delivered it at 3:15 today but I didn't know for sure what it was as it was addressed to my son; and he often gets stuff as he's got a Prime membership. He gave it to me after dinner.

So I'll have to try it out. I'll probably test it on some other speakers I have to make certain it functions, before I start reconfiguring the Atmos System in the Games Room.

Wish me luck?
Which AVR are you using?

J

JusticeSchaefer

Audiophyte
First off, sorry for digging up an old thread, but I'm on a mission to find similar info! Now, about that birthday gift – family sure knows how to surprise us, right? Your son's persistence led to a cool find. That AIYIMA Amp sounds rad! And the discount on Amazon? Score! Your Atmos setup sounds epic, mate! 5.2.4 is killer and the potential for 7.2.4 sounds tempting. But hey, if it ain't broke, why fix it, right? That separate Amp for the idea of the rear was lingering forever, I get it. But now you've got the chance to try it out! Fingers crossed for an amazing experience in your Games Room! Oh, and talking about gifts, my buddy asked for something totally odd – a wedding suit! Can you believe it? I'm on the lookout for men's wedding suits that scream style and charm. If you know any sweet spots, holler at me!

Last edited:
-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
First off, sorry for digging up an old thread, but I'm on a mission to find similar info! Now, about that birthday gift – family sure knows how to surprise us, right? Your son's persistence led to a cool find. That AIYIMA Amp sounds rad! And the discount on Amazon? Score!
I suggest you look at the Fosi Audio V3 with the larger power supply if you really need a bit more power. It appears to be the new standard in these mini Class D amplifiers.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Well Gents yesterday I finally hooked up the AIYIMA A07 Amp to our Atmos system in the Games Room as it was our first rainy day in what seemed like months. I've been "testing" it off and on for months driving a couple of different pairs of bookshelf speakers I have around here.

In my mind I was going to have the AIYIMA A07 drive the rear surrounds as they've never really been powered since testing after the Big Reno of 2018. So I confidently proceeded to pull my system out and made the connections from the rear surrounds pre outs of the Denon AVR-X4400H to the A07, and then the speaker connections from it. Then I thought, as I had to go downstairs and get the Mic and Tripod for calibration, I'd just check the manual on my PC to see what it had to say.

To my surprise the addition of an external stereo amplifier to go to 11channels for the Main Zone in an Atmos configuration, only offered pushing pre-outs from either the Front L&R or the Height2 pair. So I had to pull it apart again.:eek: Of course I was so confident in my setup I had tidied it all up.

As I was using the AVR-X4400H to power the Fronts, I went with configuring the Height2 pair as inputs for the A07 which was now going to drive the rear Atmos pair. I adjusted the gain of the A07 to about the 9 o'clock position in an attempt to match (by ear) the internal AVR-X4400H amplifier driving the front Atmos pair using a test tone.

I then completed the setup and calibration. My first test was a Blu-ray Concert (what else!) I happen to have left in the player. It was Alan Parsons Symphonic Project => Live in Columbia I'd bought last month and never finished up. So I cranked up "Games People Play" and was pleased by the result. The addition of the extra set of surround speakers does make a bit of a difference, and the new configuration seems to work well.

I only had time for the one test tune, so hopefully there will be more later today. the A07 seems to be a fit for this purpose.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've got one of those amps powering my desktop system, and it's been great.

Interesting that it's enough for your Atmos system. I hadn't thought to try anything like that.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I've got one of those amps powering my desktop system, and it's been great.

Interesting that it's enough for your Atmos system. I hadn't thought to try anything like that.
I'm very pleased with the Aiyima A07 in this application. I have the whole system (less Subs) plugged into a smart power bar which triggers off the Denon. That way the remote of the Denon turns the whole thing off and on, and I don't have to manually switch the A07 at all.

So far the A07 been working flawlessly in this application. And I'm very pleased with it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis