DAC's on NAD receivers

A

adamd

Audioholic Intern
I currently have an NAD T743 receiver and I am thinking of upgrading to the T753 or T763. Can anyone tell me what types of DAC's are used on each one of these receivers. I can't find any information on this anywhere. There is no mention on the NAD website that I could find.

I haven't emailed NAD yet. I figured I would ask here first.

Adam D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
adamd said:
I currently have an NAD T743 receiver and I am thinking of upgrading to the T753 or T763. Can anyone tell me what types of DAC's are used on each one of these receivers. I can't find any information on this anywhere. There is no mention on the NAD website that I could find.

I haven't emailed NAD yet. I figured I would ask here first.

Adam D

Is there a special reason you may be worried about those DACs? ;)

A

adamd

Audioholic Intern
I like to listen to high resoultion stereo DVD Audio and I dont believe the T743 has 192 kHz/24-Bit DAC's.

I was told the T743 uses Crystal DACs and the T753 and higher models use higher quality Burr Brown DAC's but I can't confirm this information.

G

gymphboi

Enthusiast
adamd said:
I like to listen to high resoultion stereo DVD Audio and I dont believe the T743 has 192 kHz/24-Bit DAC's.

I was told the T743 uses Crystal DACs and the T753 and higher models use higher quality Burr Brown DAC's but I can't confirm this information.
The DAC's in the NAD won't make any difference, as DVD-Audio will be leaving your DVD-A player in analog form. It is not redigitized inside the NAD.

Thanks,

-tony

R

Redbone

Audioholic
The only NAD's that have 192 kHZ/24 bit dacs are the 763 and 773 and they all have crystal dac not Burr Brown.

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
adamd said:

The high resolution MLP sounds from your DVD-A player use the player's DACs and are output via their 5.1 analog to your receiver's analog input. It's analog all the way once they leave the player. Unless the player and the receiver enjoy a proprietary digital link like an i-link from pioneer or the d-link from denon or use firewiire, then a high reoslution DAC on the receiver helps. Otherwise, those receiver DACs are useless if all you want is DVD-A high res.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis