Dacs and Transports

G

<font color='#000000'>Actually, I thought I had registered here, looks like I was mistaken. &nbsp;I'll rectify that soon. &nbsp;I'll PM you as well Dan. &nbsp;Thanks.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I also saw that review about the excellence of the Denon 5803 DACs.  If I want to use a tube amplifier in a 2 channel system, with an inexpensive CD carousel as the source, wouldn't it be a good idea to run the CD output through an outboard DAC?  I'm thinking about the Musical Fidelity 21 DAC.

Thanks</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I guess the 5803 would be an outboard DAC, just like the Musical Fidelity, so if there is a clock problem with outboard DACs, the problem would affect the Denon as well.</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Way over my head, not ashamed to admit, but would like to respond. If I put the same basic music cd, not SACD or DVD-A, in my old Yamaha player with only RCA outs, the sound quality is better than if I put the cd in my new DVD-S840 with toslink out. So I will just play cd's in it &amp; DVD-A in the new one. Simple as that for me!</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis