moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
Do you think it is worth to get an external DAC?

What I usually do is download my CD to my computer and then I play music from my Imac through Itunes which is then hooked up to my integrated amp. Sometimes, I buy songs/albums off of itunes as well.

What about purchasing a CD player that has a quality DAC?

The sound is currently good. Do you think the sound could improve with a DAC?

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
The right outboard DAC can give you an improvement in sound quality. I have my iMac hooked up to an external DAC for my headphone setup. Without a large financial outlay, you could try some DACs that have free trial periods or find someone local to audition one.

One benefit of a DAC over a CD player is being able to feed multiple sources into it, thus allowing you to get the sound quality you want. For example, very few CD players have a digital input that would let you feed your computer to its DAC.

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
Any suggestions on brands?

Bryston's runs at 2k... that's seems nuts to me. I'd rather drop that money into other things in the system. Or am I wrong? Is the DAC more important than a quality amp? Should one get a bryston amp before one gets a Bryston DAC? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I would vote for the amp.

I

Impelled

Junior Audioholic
Get the Minimax Tube DAC plus.
You wont look back, the best bargain in hifi I have come across.
I've not heard anything like this before, amazing microdetail and 3D soundstage.
It sounds great too ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis