DAC with hard drive or ?

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I want to add to my current system. Currently I play CD's about 90% of the time. When I don't I have my Macbook connected to my Marantz SA CD player, using it's internal DAC. My issue.... My Mac only has a very limited storage for Music. I want to be able to upload or transfer my digital music to a music server or hard drive from my Mac. Any suggestions on what I need to get this done. I can go with either a new DAC with onboard storage or something else. Looking for help and suggestions.
Thanks

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If your AVR has hardwired network capabilities, you can just attach it directly. Next option would be a media player with NAS.

I prefer the media player route if you want video and streaming services all in one box.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
No AVR in the set up. Just my Yamaha AS 1000.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
This is a 2.1 Audio only system that I have going on here.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Are you going to need a way to view all the stored music? A tablet and a basic media player would work with JRiver or something similar.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Are you going to need a way to view all the stored music? A tablet and a basic media player would work with JRiver or something similar.

I’m not sure. Looking at all options. I just thought of this. Can I get a large thumb drive, export the music to this and use it either hooked up to the Marantz or leave it plugged in to the Mac? I really just need a large storage area. I can control my MacBook from my phone remote, which is convenient.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I’m not sure. Looking at all options. I just thought of this. Can I get a large thumb drive, export the music to this and use it either hooked up to the Marantz or leave it plugged in to the Mac? I really just need a large storage area. I can control my MacBook from my phone remote, which is convenient.
Check the maximum size and file format for the usb port. I added a 1tb drive to my denon dvd/media player.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just send your music to an external drive . Keep Apple Music running on C drive.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis